Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it was PBF in there that night, could he have kept Margito off him like Manny did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Yeah, made it seem like Floyd was ducking Margo. But Floyd would've proven everyone wrong had they fought. Not even Bob believed Tony would be a threat. Floyd would've shut Margo down like he did Corrales JUST BECAUSE he was a Top Rank fighter.
    Well this goes back to the "would of" argument, no doubt Floyd would of Tatoo'd him with variety of punches, but it very well could have turned into a Castillo fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      BINGO

That is exactly what Arum is doing...and it works...because haters are stupid.
      Lol, so whats going to happen with the superfight, it makes sense what you guys are saying. I've had my heart set on seeing them fight, and now that I know that ARUM doesn't want them to fight, we might never see the fight.

That is unless Arum throws Pac in the flames when he's milked him for all he could, and gains one last payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Lol, so whats going to happen with the superfight, it makes sense what you guys are saying. I've had my heart set on seeing them fight, and now that I know that ARUM doesn't want them to fight, we might never see the fight.

That is unless Arum throws Pac in the flames when he's milked him for all he could, and gains one last payday.
        EXACTLY my friend. Why would Arum pass up the millions he can make with Manny fighting Margs, Mosley, Marquez again, Cotto again before feeding him to Floyd? He can make money off of Floyd vs Manny at ANY time within the next 2-3 years, why feed his cash cow to the wolves when there is still millions to be made on other fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
          styles make fights. most boxing followers know this
          You don't even know what that means fool.

Jump back on Manny's 3 incher where you belong...

You don't know ***** about boxing...you're here to hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
            Well this goes back to the "would of" argument, no doubt Floyd would of Tatoo'd him with variety of punches, but it very well could have turned into a Castillo fight.
            It very well could have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
              OK so I see exactly where you are coming from here but I want to point something out that most people don't realize. Clearly I agree with you that the version of Margs that fought Pac gets absolutely murdered by Floyd. Now, a lot of people tend to think that a prime Margarito would give Floyd hell because he is a high pressure, big +strong, volume puncher, with an absolutely iron chin.. which historically is the exact type of fighter that Floyd has struggled with the most in the past (Chavez, Castillo, Hatton to some extent). However, there is a MAJOR difference between those three guys and Margarito that noone really accounts for. Margarito does not have the foot speed/agility.movement to stay on top of Floyd like those guys did. Go back and watch some tape of prime Margarito. Even during the Cotto fight (where he clearly cheated) he had an awful time staying on top of Cotto through the first 6 rounds because his lower body movement is just so damn slow. Then the plaster and Cotto's lack of conditioning started to kick in and that's when things went south for Cotto. We KNOW conditioning is NEVER and issue for Floyd, and assuming Margs didn't have plaster in his hands if him and Mayweather fought Floyd would just turn, jab, and counter all night long and use his legs to stay out of trouble. Take a look at Marg's lower body movement even in his prime and I think you will see why I feel Margs would not have troubled Floyd very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
                You don't even know what that means fool.

Jump back on Manny's 3 incher where you belong...

You don't know ***** about boxing...you're here to hate.
                why are you talking about another man's penis? how do you know his penis size? are you a ****?

no wonder you don't follow boxing well enough to know that styles makes fights

Comment

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                  why are you talking about another man's penis? how do you know his penis size? are you a ****?

no wonder you don't follow boxing well enough to know that styles makes fights
                  I dunno, Pacquiao fans talk about Mayweather 24/7, they talk about his penis, him having a vagina sometimes, so is it only wrong when someone questions Mannys man hood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                    EXACTLY my friend. Why would Arum pass up the millions he can make with Manny fighting Margs, Mosley, Marquez again, Cotto again before feeding him to Floyd? He can make money off of Floyd vs Manny at ANY time within the next 2-3 years, why feed his cash cow to the wolves when there is still millions to be made on other fights?
                    And THAT is a smart way of doing business. Doesn't make it right or fair according to us fans, but business is business. Bob doesn't have to risk his health in a ring.

He just moves his pawns to the most advantageous positions on the board without having to get punched in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

Arum knows this:

3 big fights = one superfight

That has been the strategy FROM DAY ONE...!!

People just can't spot GAME..

Why put Manny in with Floyd when you don't have to???

Floyd would embarrass Manny....
                      arum....Roach...Ariza...and the Filipines.

Why do that when Mayweather is called a coward and a chicken by the sports Media.

Arum never intended to put Margarito or Manny in there w/Mayweather.

Bob isn't going to make a fool of himself...not when he has everybody thinking Floyd is a coward.

The only way Bob beats Floyd is IN THE MEDIA..
                      Last edited by FerdinandMarcos; 04-22-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X