Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it was PBF in there that night, could he have kept Margito off him like Manny did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Before Margarito fought Cotto & got brutalized by Mosley,he had a very good chance.But the version of Margarito that fought Pacman,probably had close to none.
    OK so I see exactly where you are coming from here but I want to point something out that most people don't realize. Clearly I agree with you that the version of Margs that fought Pac gets absolutely murdered by Floyd. Now, a lot of people tend to think that a prime Margarito would give Floyd hell because he is a high pressure, big +strong, volume puncher, with an absolutely iron chin.. which historically is the exact type of fighter that Floyd has struggled with the most in the past (Chavez, Castillo, Hatton to some extent). However, there is a MAJOR difference between those three guys and Margarito that noone really accounts for. Margarito does not have the foot speed/agility.movement to stay on top of Floyd like those guys did. Go back and watch some tape of prime Margarito. Even during the Cotto fight (where he clearly cheated) he had an awful time staying on top of Cotto through the first 6 rounds because his lower body movement is just so damn slow. Then the plaster and Cotto's lack of conditioning started to kick in and that's when things went south for Cotto. We KNOW conditioning is NEVER and issue for Floyd, and assuming Margs didn't have plaster in his hands if him and Mayweather fought Floyd would just turn, jab, and counter all night long and use his legs to stay out of trouble. Take a look at Marg's lower body movement even in his prime and I think you will see why I feel Margs would not have troubled Floyd very much.

Comment

• So Bassically you guys are saying that not only does Arum not want to match Floyd up with Margarito, Cotto, but not Manny either? So is team Pac and Top Rank only trying to make Floyd look like the scared guy of the Pacquiao negotiations?

Comment

• Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
        This right here is gospel.
        Evidently most of these guys just started watching boxing.

The whole Margarito sham is just Arum using Floyd's name to market his stable of pinatas.

Now he's doing the same thing with Pacman...

Arum has no intention of letting Floyd slaughter his cash cow.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          The only problem about that, Marquez & Floyd were on the P4P list. Im still not getting it on how Dawson or Lewis could call eachother out if only 1 is on the P4P list.

Im not here trying to argue that they couldn't fight. Im just stating that there should be nothing wrong with 2 guys, the number 1 and number 2 guy coming together for a fight, even if one is a weight class lower. And thats what happened there with Marquez.

It could also be compared to Roy Jones vs Lewis, remember Jones went for John Ruizs Paper HW title, instead of going for Lennox's HW title.
          How could Floyd of have been on the p4p list when he was coming out of retirement? He would have re entered after the fight. And Pac was no 1 at the time.

I am saying what if Dawson called Lewis out, while Dawson was p4p fighter and Lewis was retired. Its the same thing as Marquez who was 2 weight classes below Floyd and was on the p4p list.

And whoever believes Floyd fought him because of that is very naive, the whole calling out thing was clearly staged.

Comment

So Bassically you guys are saying that not only does Arum not want to match Floyd up with Margarito, Cotto, but not Manny either? So is team Pac and Top Rank only trying to make Floyd look like the scared guy of the Pacquiao negotiations?
            BINGO

That is exactly what Arum is doing...and it works...because haters are stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
              He was a attraction after the Cotto fight, but Floyd chose to retire..

And the video in which Margo asks for a fight is well known and makes Floyd look very bad.
              Yeah, made it seem like Floyd was ducking Margo. But Floyd would've proven everyone wrong had they fought. Not even Bob believed Tony would be a threat. Floyd would've shut Margo down like he did Corrales JUST BECAUSE he was a Top Rank fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
                Retiring had nothing to do with sorry-ass Margarito.

If Tony had the game to beat Floyd he would have killed Shane Mosley...not lose every round and get KTFO...lol
                styles make fights. most boxing followers know this

Comment

• Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
                  An out of shape Daniel Santos fought and beat a prime Tony.

Mayweather > Fat Daniel Santos

Marge NEVER had a single chance in hell to beat Floyd...if he did...Arum would have made it happen.
                  i completely disagree. marg in 08 has a better chance than manny does now in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                    How could Floyd of have been on the p4p list when he was coming out of retirement? He would have re entered after the fight. And Pac was no 1 at the time.

I am saying what if Dawson called Lewis, while Dawson was p4p fighter and Lewis was retired. Its the same thing as Marquez who was 2 weight classes below Floyd and was on the p4p list.

And whoever believes Floyd fought him because of that is very naive, the whole calling out thing was clearly staged.
                    Oo Ok. I understand your question now. Yea it wouldn't make sense, but It cant be compared like that, if thats the case Sugar Ray Leonard come back and ask for a fight with Floyd or Manny, because when he retired he was 2#P4P.

To answer your question though, NO!! It wouldn't be right if Dawson fought Lewis.

Comment

So Bassically you guys are saying that not only does Arum not want to match Floyd up with Margarito, Cotto, but not Manny either? So is team Pac and Top Rank only trying to make Floyd look like the scared guy of the Pacquiao negotiations?
                      It's not that hard to see behind the veil of Arum tactics. Floyd knows exactly what's going on. That's why he chooses to remain quiet. Let it all play out.

Comment

Working...
                      X