Comments Thread For: Maidana Struggles To Win, But Erik Morales Shines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcos Maidana W12 Eric Morales

WOW!

~ Closer, better, and more competitive than ANYONE thought it would be. Morales valiant in defeat. How close? So close that some people thought Morales did enough to win the fight. One judge scored the fight a draw, the other two judges scoring for Maidana by four points. How competitive? So competitive that some people are calling it an early "Fight of the Year" candidate. An effort like this from Morales proves once again that great fighters almost always have that one last great performance still in them when nobody expects it.

Hear that Manny?

Comment

• Man, Morales if the fucking man. My favorite fighter out of all the old timers. I didn't see the fight, but I wish I would've ordered this card after hearing what happened last night with the Kirkland upset and the Guerrero-Katsidis fight.

JMM and Barrera can't hold a candle to this man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
        This from the same guy who said in a previous thread "Erik will get retired we all kno that it will be fun to watch shot legends need to learn to stay away"!! Now, after the fight, he feels bad for Erik? Give me a break, the guy wanted Erik to get smashed and now that he didn't, he won't give him his due credit. I'll admit, I was wrong, I thought Maidana would steam roll him but I never wanted Erik to get hurt like this fool previously implied...
        exactly,you right,this guy was saying erik would get smashed and still says here "erik wasn't winning the fight"..when lederman actually had erik ahead at one point,even kellerman thought he won,i thought it was a close fight it wasn't a blowout for this guy/boy to say erik wasn't winning he was actually ahead,heck just for making it close he deserves all the respect

Comment

• This is what happens when two hispanics fight. A war !!!!! Thanks to both but my hat off to terrible morales, a real mexican macho!!!

Comment

• If he can almost beat el chino
            Maybe Shane can beat PAC
            And maybe Roy can beat lebedev or however it's spelled I smell upsets
            If it all that happened boxing soul get much need attention

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              Man, Morales if the fucking man. My favorite fighter out of all the old timers. I didn't see the fight, but I wish I would've ordered this card after hearing what happened last night with the Kirkland upset and the Guerrero-Katsidis fight.

JMM and Barrera can't hold a candle to this man.
              How can't JMM? he fights people in wars often member the Kay fight or first Diaz fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by U_CAN'T_BRAWL View Post
                I said to a friend last week that if Morales could beat Maidana, I would've learned something about boxing in the process. Because I just didn't envisage him even going the distance.
                And so I learned to never underestimate the pure fistic craft and character of an ATG, however physically past his best he may be.

That Morales, whose eye looked blown out by the end of the 1st, was able to perform with such accuracy and skill through such limited vision for the entire fight, competeting with a hungry, prime, feared, power-punching animal who was highly favored to end it in a couple of rounds, making Maidana puff and blow like that, rocking him at points, only to get the short end of the decision, seemingly just because Maidana had a strong last couple of rounds, that was angering. Official verdict be damned, maybe Erik really didn't win. Maybe he only drew on my card, or maybe he really did lose 7 or 8 rounds, I'll have to rewatch. But he far surpassed the vast majority of expectations, either way.

These kinds of transcendencies are what make this sport levels above any other. Incredible.
                Fantastic fight for Erik Morales! Superb fighting skills! He knew how to neutralize Maidana's brute/raw power. I am a filipino and a BIG GREAT GREAT fan of Erik. True warrior and a legend not only inside the ring but outside. JMM or Barrera does not compare to him in character of a man. If he had both eyes open, 100% he would have won the fight and schooled Maidana.

Maidana's stock just dropped. He just got exposed with amateurish skills, no stamina...he totall gassed out even in the early rounds. Now, every fighter who has technical skills will know how to fight and defeat Maidana. Erik taught them how. They will be lining up to fight him. Wonder how Khan or Victor Ortiz would look like now after they saw an "old", "spent", "just-out-of-retirement" fighter almost knocked down and beat Maidana. It should have been a draw. Maidana needs a rematch with Erik. But most likely, Erik would win the rematch (with both eyes open) unless Maidana ups his boxing skills and stamina.

As for a fight with JMM which JMM turned down earlier, it would have been a great fight!! Erik probably would have won that fight because JMM is a purely defensive boxer while Erik is both offense and defence (watch his fight with Pacquiao).

Great, great fight!!! Love Erik Morales.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Morales vs maidana
                  morales won

Comment

• By the end of the second round, you look in Morales' corner and his right eye is nearly shut. From round 5 on, he's sucking air and it looks like he's dying. But he dug deep, made it a competitive fight and actually rocked a younger, physically stronger opponent. Morales deserves every dollar he made for this fight. This effort can be added to his collection of ATG performances. Boxing needs more athletes like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X