Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Struggles To Win, But Erik Morales Shines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said to a friend last week that if Morales could beat Maidana, I would've learned something about boxing in the process. Because I just didn't envisage him even going the distance.
    And so I learned to never underestimate the pure fistic craft and character of an ATG, however physically past his best he may be.

That Morales, whose eye looked blown out by the end of the 1st, was able to perform with such accuracy and skill through such limited vision for the entire fight, competeting with a hungry, prime, feared, power-punching animal who was highly favored to end it in a couple of rounds, making Maidana puff and blow like that, rocking him at points, only to get the short end of the decision, seemingly just because Maidana had a strong last couple of rounds, that was angering. Official verdict be damned, maybe Erik really didn't win. Maybe he only drew on my card, or maybe he really did lose 7 or 8 rounds, I'll have to rewatch. But he far surpassed the vast majority of expectations, either way.

These kinds of transcendencies are what make this sport levels above any other. Incredible.

Comment

• "Am I the only one who believes I can win?"

-Erik Morales

Comment

• Morales done really well, but Maidana was shocking. Looked gas after the 6'th and done barely nothing after. Morales is a legend.

Comment

• Morales made him puff and blow by giving him a fight. The pure craft he was showing in there forced that level of exertion from Maidana. An exceution of old-school skill and technique.

Comment

• i was a fan of madaina but no more....the dude is constantly trying to hit

behind the head and is always hitting after the bell...

Morales fought like a warrior, he ****** madaina in and was landing clean

and effective punches from the 5th round on...

madaina may have edged him out but his wild brawling style is soon to get

him knocked the F out sooner or later.

what a great and exciting fight though...

Comment

• Originally posted by dreadIknight View Post
              Maidana is an amateurish, arm punching, overrated fighter. He didn't look all that impressive against Khan either, in my opinion. All his talk of wanting to fight Floyd, get a grip Maidana.

floyd? floyd would counter him to death...

madaina has good power but he is always throwing off balance and in a

vulnerable state...if khan had any balls or a chin he would have got him out of

there

madaina lacks the fundamentals and morales exposed those....

it was an exciting fight.

Comment

• Morales won my respect tonight.

These are the kind of fights that make boxing absolutely amazing-- the kind of fights that defy logic, because while most people would try to predict outcomes based on statistical metrics like body weight, height, reach, age, or even the number of knockdowns a boxer experienced in the past... there is one thing that cannot be measured that usually plays a major factor in fights like what we've seen tonight, and that is the boxer's HEART.

And this is why boxing is the greatest sport in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  i feel bad for erik hes going to have some damage to that eye that will haunt him forever madaina just needs to work on not wasting punches and get his connect rate up other then that the fight was hard to watch erik took alot of punishment erik took them but he wasnt winning the fight
                  This from the same guy who said in a previous thread "Erik will get retired we all kno that it will be fun to watch shot legends need to learn to stay away"!! Now, after the fight, he feels bad for Erik? Give me a break, the guy wanted Erik to get smashed and now that he didn't, he won't give him his due credit. I'll admit, I was wrong, I thought Maidana would steam roll him but I never wanted Erik to get hurt like this fool previously implied...

Comment

• I saw it as a draw but MOrales should of got the win, He hurt Maidana worse and outboxed him at will, he just gased out in hte last two rounds, Plus Maidana was fighting dirty at times!! WAR TERRIBLE!!!!!

Comment

• I'll start by saying" "What a fight" thanks to both fighters to give fans what we're craving for!!! Morales you are a BAD MOTHERF/UCKER!!! wow, didn't see this one coming!!! I was it 115-113 Maidana!!! but like 4 rounds could go either way!!! I don't think it was a robbery but it could go either way!!!
                      I wouldn't mind to see the rematch!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X