No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Struggles To Win, But Erik Morales Shines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
    doesnt change the fact doesnt like your kind.
    EVEN if that was true what do you think He thinks about ricans???????

and i was talking about mdportorock that island hoe was talking **** about the Legend that is Morales

Comment

Originally posted by julian25 View Post
      Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

you make maidana to be this fighter with killer instinct and all...just saying dude.
      he does, he didn't come out of the ortiz or khan fight on his knees did he? styles makes fights though. erik feasted on guys like maidana in his prime. people put too much stock in maidana's youth and power going into this fight. they forget that chino has terrible stamina and with age aside, i thought morales has enough knowledge and technique to exploit and neutralize maidana's crude power, he proved me right tonight in some of those rounds. it's morales ffs too, this is a guy who went life and death multiple times and still managed to school a young and hungry pacquiao lol. you can never count him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        coming from a guy who makes his opponents wear pillow gloves, yeah it makes sense. maidana has always been the crude rough and tough bruiser that will test your soul and will to win, not a master boxer that some idiots here thought he was for some reason.
        He wore Everlast against Ortiz, Cayo, and Khan also not known for being heavy hitter gloves like the Reyes.
        Last edited by .::|ULTIMATE|::.; 04-10-2011, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
          I forgot to mention Maidanas over rated power and mediocore boxing skills and some of y'all say he beats zab and devon, he needs the rematch he gained nothing.from this fight
          If that was Maidana's best than he has no chance against Zab or Devon. I seriously doubt it was his best though. I think this performance, like his fight against Corley, can not be compared to some of his better performances. It seems like he may have a problem getting up for "easy" fights. He didn't look well conditioned at all. He looked spent after two rounds. I noticed that he was walking very slowly back to his corner, and was breathing heavily. And that was after two rounds!

He still has some very impressive results on his resume. He lost a close, contested decision to Kotelnick in Germany. He stopped Ortiz in a war. He almost stopped Khan in a great fight. How can we explain this performance, or his performance against Corley? Did Morales just do a tremendous job of exposing his weaknesses (like total lack of head movement or defense)? Again, I don't think so. He didn't seem to have any stamina tonight. He looked good physically, but he "looked" out of shape the way he was sucking wind and shuffling back to his corner.

As for him needing the rematch... Well, you are right that this fight did nothing for his reputation. As far as what it did for his career prospects, it can go one of two ways... He will either have top light welters lining up to get a shot against an "over rated" fighter or, if he is still somewhat feared, he will not be able to get a shot against a top fighter. With his reputation in tatters, the risk/reward ratio is not there anymore.

Tonight he did pull it out in the "Championship Rounds", but I still think it was a disgraceful performance. Time will tell whether this fight was more indicative of poor training or poor skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            Morales didn't seem to have a hard time hurting Maidana with those same Winning gloves.
            Excellent point.

Timing and technique are more important than the brand of glove. Morales, a guy who left his punching power at 122, almost decked Maidana with a left hook whilst wearing those Winning gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
              He wore Everlast against Ortiz, Cayo, and Khan also not known for being heavy hitter gloves like the Reyes.
              he wears the everlast MX gloves. it's basically the same as the reyes.

Comment

" I felt great, I thought I won, I would easily beat Marquez if I fought like that "
                ~ Eric

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                  " I felt great, I thought I won, I would easily beat Marquez if I fought like that "
                  ~ Eric
                  Pretty sure that's the Fight Oscar will make Next

Comment

This was a total robbery. Morales won the fight and everybody knows that even maidanas trainer. What did maidana say when they asked him? Umm o well i think i did. Same thing happened to ponce de leon. Somebody better look into them f..k..ng judges. Anyways terrible is a legend and he proved it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThoedEssay View Post
                      Pretty sure that's the Fight Oscar will make Next
                      Eric didn't actually make that quote, I was just stirring

But yep, that fight looks a bit more inviting now.

Comment

Working...
                      X