Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Says Floyd's $100 Mill Demand Unrealistic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Says Floyd's $100 Mill Demand Unrealistic

During the promotion of the recent Miguel Cotto-Ricardo Mayorga contest, it was easy to spot just how chummy former rival promoters Don King and Bob Arum where throughout the lead up to the fight. It had been five years since the duo had collaborated together in such a fashion, going back to the April 2006 Floyd Mayweather-Zab Judah bout, and Arum has left the door open for working with King in the future. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    During the promotion of the recent Miguel Cotto-Ricardo Mayorga contest, it was easy to spot just how chummy former rival promoters Don King and Bob Arum where throughout the lead up to the fight. It had been five years since the duo had collaborated together in such a fashion, going back to the April 2006 Floyd Mayweather-Zab Judah bout, and Arum has left the door open for working with King in the future. [Click Here To Read More]
    as a floyd fan and a boxing fan i can say with 100% accuracy, this is just plain crazy. 100 mil is too big a purse even for the cash cow of boxing. i hpoe this info is in correct and floyd is not asking for such a large purse. he wouldnt do that. would he?

Comment

If he's so sure the fight is worth that much then he should negotiate for a higher percentage of the ppv money, after, say 800k buys.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        100 million dallars is just too much money for any one boxer even in this day and age. i just dont see the justification for such a kings ransom. even with the world wide media exposer. no way does any one get this type of money. oscar didnt even come close to this type of money.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
          If he's so sure the fight is worth that much then he should negotiate for a higher percentage of the ppv money, after, say 800k buys.
          but this fight is going to excede 3milppv buys and even then is his purse going to be valued at 100mil?

Comment

Why don't they just get off Floyd's nuts and let speak on it and stop reporting what other people heard or are saying.

Comment

The $100mil. figure is one way for Floyd say "NO" on fighting Pacquiao. If he could really beat Manny as few of his *****s, nuthuggers and relatives are saying, that fight should have happened by now. But the truth is KFC Jr. is terrified on fighting Manny because he knows in his mind and in his heart that he can't break him and he can't beat him?!

Comment

Floyd who? Is there a current active fighter by the name of Mayweather that I wasn't aware of? Someone let me know when this guy actually steps in the ring cause i'm not familiar with him. SMH

Comment

Nobody is taking seriously of the Mayweathers anymore. Let's forget Floyd, he ain't no fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoguNinja View Post
                    The $100mil. figure is one way for Floyd say "NO" on fighting Pacquiao. If he could really beat Manny as few of his *****s, nuthuggers and relatives are saying, that fight should have happened by now. But the truth is KFC Jr. is terrified on fighting Manny because he knows in his mind and in his heart that he can't break him and he can't beat him?!
                    I don't think that is the case because it's not true because Floyd does have the skills to beat Pac and easy at that. I just think it is a case of people talking about something they don't know. I wish everyone would let Floyd talk so we know for sure where his head is at, instead of reading these articles and running with it. Last thing we heard was that he wasn't coming back from what we heard from Zab Judah. Until Floyd says it himself, it is not gospel. How can Floyd be scared of Pac when the fight could have been a done deal over a year ago but Pac refused. Martinez don't want a 100MIL though.

Comment

Working...
                    X