No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw: Martinez vs Angulo, The Fight is Not Even Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
    I mean cmon what has angulo done after the cintron loss? What has martinez done after the cintron fight? Hellooo the dude is p4p.if anything he's doing angulo the favor.if angulo wants to stay trapped in mexico fighting for peanuts fine by him,i hope he acknowledges martinez is only the p4p champ that would go to mexico and give him a golden opportunity.and hbo would make it happen.other wise I call quack
    Now that Sergio is P4P the best, I don't see why he wouldn't take the challenge. And your right! If HBO offers him the fight with martinez IN MEXICO i can see that as a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY. Angulo needs at least one tune up fight. Maravilla is a beast.

I guess the reason Angulo demanded more money in the first place is simple. He's been trying to get fights with cotto,margarito, or chavez Jr. A fight with Martinez was not the direction he wanted to go or the weight he wanted to compete in. But, He would of took the fight with Martinez for an additional 150k. simple as that, no duck, just business.

Comment

I think Angulo wants to be paid well if he a) he is going to fight and most likely get beat by Martinez and b) fight at weight (middleweight) which he might not be comfortable at. Maybe Martinez would move down to 154 lbs however he is the man now and against anyone not named Mayweather or Pacquiao, he pretty much can call the shots. I'd love to see this fight however if they are as far apart on money as they make it out to be, I don't think it will happen...

Comment

Working...
      X