No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shaw: Martinez vs Angulo, The Fight is Not Even Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPERRO View Post
    No duck their...The guy just wanted to be paid fairly. If devon gets 1 mil + why shouldn't he?

They offered him 750 and he rejected it...so what? They payed a guy unknown in the states 100k more for the same fight.

HBO wanted angulo to move up in weight and take on the best...No problem but PAY the man for what their askin' him to do and their wouldn't be a problem.

And your wrong! it's not a double risk...more like a TRIPLE RISK! Maravilla is too much for anyone right now.

and 1.4 sounds about right...
    750K would have been the biggest payday of his career.

Shaw told him to take the fight.

Martinez offered a 155 catchwieght for the MW title.

Alexander had two titles and was about to fight Bradley.

+plus hes fighting Matthysse in his comeback fight.

WTF has Angulo done?

Angulo saw the risk and price himself out.

Even his promoter agrees.

He doesn't deserve 500K, let alone 750K.

He's been inactive and Martinez would fight him in Mexico if it happened.

Comment

What makes Shaw think that Angulo should make anything more than 750,000? Martinez is the champ and the one the world has been impressed with.Shaw is just making excuses. He knows his boy will get crushed by the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        750K would have been the biggest payday of his career.

Shaw told him to take the fight.

Martinez offered a 155 catchwieght for the MW title.

Alexander had two titles and was about to fight Bradley.

+plus hes fighting Matthysse in his comeback fight.

WTF has Angulo done?

Angulo saw the risk and price himself out.

Even his promoter agrees.

He doesn't deserve 500K, let alone 750K.

He's been inactive and Martinez would fight him in Mexico if it happened.
        Of course shaw told him to take the fight, since when has it been a crime to think for yourself...moseley, mayweather, nonito, marquez do it...why shouldn't el perro?

Their is a difference between pricing yourself out and pricing yourself fairly.

I thought boxing fans didn't like catch-weights?

old Witter, overated urango, and kotelnick (who did beat devon)? ...nice!

What has angulo done? I'll tell you one thing he hasn't done...QUIT on a HBO bout.

and Alexander will lose to Lucas....

Comment

Angulo's last fight was in july. If he's ganna take on the BEST p4p he needs a tune up.

If Alexander is ganna get 1 mil + for fighting Lucas...I don't see why El perro shouldn't get a mil + for fighting Martinez. He's more entertaining than Devon that's for sure.

Love him or hate him...When you tune in and watch an Angulo fight you will never be disappointed.

Devon is an ex champ coming off a unification loss.perros never seen a belt.you can pretty much say cintron outboxed him to a title shot.not to mention he been inactive for a while.but your right on one thing hes fun to watch

Comment

Of course shaw told him to take the fight, since when has it been a crime to think for yourself...moseley, mayweather, nonito, marquez do it...why shouldn't el perro?

Their is a difference between pricing yourself out and pricing yourself fairly.

I thought boxing fans didn't like catch-weights?

old Witter, overated urango, and kotelnick (who did beat devon)? ...nice!

What has angulo done? I'll tell you one thing he hasn't done...QUIT on a HBO bout.

and Alexander will lose to Lucas....
            Your right.

Angulo quit before the fight.

Angulo got quitting down to an art form.

Pricing yourself fairly?

Most money in his career!

That's more then he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post

Devon is an ex champ coming off a unification loss.perros never seen a belt.you can pretty much say cintron outboxed him to a title shot.not to mention he been inactive for a while.but your right on one thing hes fun to watch
              Perro is the Interim WBO light middleweight champ. He's been ranked #1 in the WBC since JULY. Just so El Canelo can beat a WW and win that tittle.

Belts are given not earned. You can hold two belts and it won't mean **** unless you fight who you have to fight.

I really hope Angulo fights Cintron again. It will be a hell of a fight and the outcome will be different. I'm no Nostradamus but angulo hurts and beats Cintron if they fight again. The whole angulo being sick and cintron outboxing angulo can be laid to rest with a Re-match.

Comment

So then why don't Martinez fight somebody who is interested in fighting him like Pirog?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Your right.

Angulo quit before the fight.

Angulo got quitting down to an art form.

Pricing yourself fairly?

Most money in his career!

That's more then he deserves.
                  You can put the word quit all you want next to Angulo's name but it just won't compute.

#1. I don't think he's a quitter nor does anyone who has seen this guy fight.

#2. It doesn't matter if it was his career high pay day for him...if he thought he deserved more for the risk and going up in weight good for him.

#3. Angulo doesn't care what you think he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    So then why don't Martinez fight somebody who is interested in fighting him like Pirog?
                    There are other fighters who are interested in fighting him who have more than 1 fighter on their resume you can name off the top of your head.

Comment

Perro is the Interim WBO light middleweight champ. He's been ranked #1 in the WBC since JULY. Just so El Canelo can beat a WW and win that tittle.

Belts are given not earned. You can hold two belts and it won't mean **** unless you fight who you have to fight.

I really hope Angulo fights Cintron again. It will be a hell of a fight and the outcome will be different. I'm no Nostradamus but angulo hurts and beats Cintron if they fight again. The whole angulo being sick and cintron outboxing angulo can be laid to rest with a Re-match.

I mean cmon what has angulo done after the cintron loss? What has martinez done after the cintron fight? Hellooo the dude is p4p.if anything he's doing angulo the favor.if angulo wants to stay trapped in mexico fighting for peanuts fine by him,i hope he acknowledges martinez is only the p4p champ that would go to mexico and give him a golden opportunity.and hbo would make it happen.other wise I call quack

Comment

Working...
                      X