No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Pleased With Cotto-Mayorga Pay-Per-View Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Marquez-Diaz 2 did 250k. I remember reading Schaefer was thrilled cuz they needed 200k to. Break even. They had about 9000 in attendance which besides May-Mosley was the best attended fight of 2010 or 2011 which is sad.
    LOL, what a croc of ****.

Your memory is ****ed up Marquez vs Diaz 2 didn't come close to 200k you're just making that **** up. And please second best attended fight in 2010, what a joke do you think less than 9000 people attended about Pac vs Clottey, Cotto vs Foreman or Pac vs Cheato.

Comment

Those numbers are sad. But Arum didn't really put much into marketing this fight so he made off any way. I dont want to see Cotto-Martinez 2 but if I have to I'll watch it online some where the day after. I dont see that fight reaching 1 mil buys. Marg is a washed cheater in the eyes of many and Cotto didn't look great vs a bum Mayorga IMO. There are so many fights for Cotto that will sell and that would interest the public but Arum will screw everyone once again.

Comment

Since Arum claims the Cotto-Mayorga fight sold 250,000 buys, that means that when the official numbers are released, it will sell only 160 to 170,000. We know this because Arum always lies about the PPV numbers of his fighters, especially if their name is Pacquaio.

Comment

Working...
        X