Comments Thread For: Arum Pleased With Cotto-Mayorga Pay-Per-View Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    marquez/diaz 2 didn't do 150 max,i think it did close to 300

Shouldn't even bother but- Go ahead and waste both of our time... prove it.

Comment

oscar against mayorga did over about triple of this one,and rivera was a nobody,cotto doesn't draw fans,oscar put 50,000 in texas against a nobody,and cotto in yankee stadium would never do that against a nobody
      Well Oscar is a way bigger draw there is no doubt in that but he still got his fair share of low PPV numbers and don't compare Cotto in New York with De La Hoya in Texas because the Puerto Rican population in New York is not even close to the Mexican-Mexican American population in Texas or Las Vegas or LA where Oscar had most of his fights. Also don't compare a Mayorga from 2006 who was a champion and a fight that was on HBO who was heavily promoting De La Hoya's comeback fight after being away more than a year with a fight on Showtime with an older Mayorga coming of a lay off not fighting since 2008 also competing with NCCA basketball and a free fight on HBO.
      Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 03-19-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

marquez/diaz 2 didn't do 150 max,i think it did close to 300
        Hahaha prove it!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          Hahaha prove it!
          I don't think he's coming back

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
            martinez fought at the same time too on hbo freeof charge and they managed to do this. just remembered that.
            agree. for 250k without pac or mayweather on it is very good in my book. i believe cotto-margo 2 will be around 500 to 600k with the amount of drama it has and their hostory. surely many fans will keep an eye during the promotional period that may convert into sales.

Comment

oscar against mayorga did over about triple of this one,and rivera was a nobody,cotto doesn't draw fans,oscar put 50,000 in texas against a nobody,and cotto in yankee stadium would never do that against a nobody
              oscar did triple because he's oscar. pac and floyd are draws because of oscar so you ain't saying nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                I don't think he's coming back
                He is probably still searching on the internet for some article to back up his claim lol. He is probably in 500 page of his search and still nothing. But the little man should keep trying.

Comment

250,000 buy's is great, especially when you consider there was another big fight on free of charge. Any fighter doing a quarter of a million is helping out the sport.

Hopefully they decide to put the Margarito-Cotto II fight on TV worldwide, PPV or other-wise. I was gutted that the Mayorga fight wasn't on Sky Sports or even Prime Time.

Comment

Good for Cotto and Mayorga... Otherwise bad for boxing that THIS was a PPV fight.. Showcases are for regular HBO/Showtime... MEGAFIGHTS are for PPV...

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      That's weak 250,000 ppvs. Nothing like Tito did. Goes to show u the Ricans don't support Cotto like Tito. Besides the Pacquaio fight, Cotto's only decent ppv numbers was vs Margarito and those were mostly Margarito fans buying the fight. That fight did almost 500,000 ppv buys. [I]The rematch will do that many because of Margarito fans[/I]. Cotto-Mayorga, Cotto-Mosley, Cotto-Judah all did weak ppv numbers.
                      Are you Serious or on drugs???
                      You put Margarito with Mayorga and it won't even go on PPV!!!!

True that the great Mexican-Puertorican rivarly, helped to sell the 500k that Cotto-Margarito better than the other fights of Cotto you mentioned but to say it was because of Margarito's fans.... GTFOH!!!!

Did you forget that even after selling 500k when fighting Cotto, Margarito was on the pick of his popularity, and went a got a really well non name in Boxing in Mosley and that fight was not even worthy of being on PPV!!!!

Are you Crazy?????

Comment

Working...
                      X