Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth does anyone think Kirkland has a chance vs Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    Pirog's win over Jacobs is bigger then anything Kirkland has done.
    your exactly right,i don't know how some of this fighters are made out to be so good that they can beat an elite fighter when they have never even beatin a really good fighter.so kirkland can beat sergio because he is a pressure fighter?is kirkland the only pressure fighter?the fact that kirkland is a come forward pressure fighter is the reason people are giving him a chance against sergio but what makes kirkland better than any other pressure fighter like margarito or angulo?

Comment

Zergiy D. had a chance the other night but an aggressive monster like Kirkland is a snowball in hell? Keep in mind Margarito beat Martinez with just such a style.

I don't understand the thought process of some people.

Comment

I've been driving the kirkland bandwagon for many years, but I don't know who's saying he could beat martinez. First off, he just got out of prison. He has a ways to go before he even gets back to where he was prior to getting locked up. Second, he has many flaws defensively he needs to fix, which I actually do think his new trainer will help improve him on.

So this fight is way premature. As of now, obviously martinez beats him. In a year or year and half's time, maybe Kirkland is the man. We'll see how he progresses.

Comment

the trick to beating Serg imo is to outwork him...but NOT from a distance. Martinez can counter there and run.

if you can push him around at close range and throw a lot of strong, short shots that are difficult to counter while maintaining a smart defense, then you could beat Martinez.

I dont know if Kirkland has the discipline to use that strategy however. he leaves himself too open nowadays, and that is a bad sign against Serg.

Comment

Originally posted by Stigma View Post
            Zergiy D. had a chance the other night but an aggressive monster like Kirkland is a snowball in hell? Keep in mind Margarito beat Martinez with just such a style.

I don't understand the thought process of some people.
            an inexperienced sergio.what did sergio say about a fight with margarito now?

Comment

is anne wolfe still training james?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post

Comment

Kirland is to unexperienced for Martinez. He gets picked apart, and possibly knocked out if he fights ***y Sergio.

Comment

Fighters who put intense pressure on Martinez can give him trouble, it wouldn't allow him to get the distance that he likes to work at and forces him to move more than he would want to and work more than he would want to. That's why I think a guy like Kirkland would give him trouble, Kirkland's trouble is that he gets so caught up on offense that he doesn't think about defense which would most likely end up with him running into something he doesn't see coming. But still, I think he would give Martinez problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X