Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth does anyone think Kirkland has a chance vs Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent watch much of kirkland, maybe a little highlight, about 10 seconds of a fight, but he seems to have a good style to cuz sergio problems

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
      Interesting matchup that would be entertaining for however long it lasts..I dont think Kirkland is a very polished fighter yet and i always ask what happens when someone with power lands something really hard on him and is able to captilize on it..

Julio isnt world class as a complete fighter but he hits hard as ***. He landed clean on Kirk and if I remember correctly James screamed at him and began whippin his ass. His chin is ready.

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      Dzinziruk is a veteran. He had a record for longest reigning titlist at 154. He's more than proven. Kirkland on the other hand isn't. Perhaps if he fights Ishe Smith and somebody like Angulo or Cintron, he'll earn a shot at Martinez. But as of now he's riding on one win. Same goes for Pirog. Let's see how they react when they get caught before we throw them to the wolves.
      I can definitely go for Kirkland knocking Pirog out first. that match up makes the most since right now considering those two Mexican gentlemen wont be truly tested anytime soon.

Comment

I guess they all see the threat to their favourite fighters and they are just trying to throw any names out there just so that their fighters doesn't caught any heat.

They all loved Martinez when he was taking Williams head off though now they trying to hate on the same guy..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I guess they all see the threat to their favourite fighters and they are just trying to throw any names out there just so that their fighters doesn't caught any heat.

They all loved Martinez when he was taking Williams head off though now they trying to hate on the same guy..

It's weird, but yeah, that totally happens.

Just some kinda weird phenomena.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            Kirk can change a fight with one punch and he's relentless. Unproven, and maybe a bit over matched but boy it will be exciting while it lasts and thats against anybody from 147 to 160. Its more dangerous for Martinez than ***in Pirog.
            Pirog's win over Jacobs is bigger then anything Kirkland has done.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              What in the heck did I miss?

Thats a complete mismatch.
              Because Kellerman repeatedly refers to Kirkland as "a beast".......lol. Sergio would counter that beast until he lay KO'd on the canvas, slain by the left hand Excalibur

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
                Kirkland would KO him in the first 3.
                Tell MAyweather to unretire and fight Pac like a man.....

Comment

One thing people keep saying is that Kirkland has no defense, and that may be true to an extent. But people also need to remember that Sergio drops his hands all the time and I think that may come back to bite him in the ass one day even against a slower opponent. If Kirkland has the chin to take Sergio's punches, then it's a live fight in my estimation.

Comment

You can seriously see Kirkland beating Martinez? How? Is he allowed to have wolverine claws in his gloves?
                    The most likely way beat a guy with Martinez's style and attributes is with Pressure. Kirkland has shown to be a very effective swarmer/slugger with a very good punch.

Now his defense is quite bad and he would eat lots of Martinez shots. It's also very possible that Martinez could simply outbox and negate Kirklands pressure with his footwork (i don't know how good Kirkland is at cutting off the ring) but Kirkland at the very least would have a punchers chance.

Comment

What in the heck did I miss?

Thats a complete mismatch.
                      i have been wondering the same thing,i remeber kirkland gettin hit alot by vera and the way sergio has hurt his last 2 opponets with that straight left hand i don't know how in the hell would kirkland even go the distance and not to mention that julio was giving kirkland a boxing lesson early in their fight.kirkland is very overrated to me and i can't wait for him to fight the names of his division so we can see how good he really is

Comment

Working...
                      X