No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Solis Has a Real Good Chance To Beat Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
    Amateur boxing is a completely different sport from the professional game nowadays, and there are no successful professional Cuban trainers. Most Cuban boxers who turn pro do not do very well. The fact that Casamayor is by far the most successful Cuban pro of modern times speaks volumes. Casamayor never set the world alight.

Before the second world war, the Cubans produced several ATGs, but they haven't even produced any likely future Hall of Famers in the last 50 years. Casamayor certainly won't make it into the Hall of Fame.
    I know that and I agree 90%

Casa will be HOFer even if he has to wait 50 years to get in.
    Last edited by cleaner147; 03-01-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
      all are talkin about the ams, boy.

Solis lacks XP and other tools at pros to beat a champion.

I doubt Wlad or Vitali could have beat Solis back in the day.
      Either Klitschko demolishes any version of Solis.

And I don't wanna hear "oh, but Solis beat the great Felix Savon"

Ruslan Chagaev beat Felix Savon twice.

Chagaev was completely dominated and KO'd by Wlad.

Wlad got a torn left bicep in the 1st round and he still destroyed Chagaev.

Vitali will demolish Solis.
      Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I recently watched Solis's win over Haye in the amateurs. And Solis still fights the exact same way. Easy win for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2011 View Post
          Either Klitschko demolishes any version of Solis.

And I don't wanna hear "oh, but Solis beat the great Felix Savon"

Ruslan Chagaev beat Felix Savon twice.

Chagaev was completely dominated and KO'd by Wlad.

Wlad got a torn left bicep in the 1st round and he still destroyed Chagaev.

Vitali will demolish Solis.
          firstly, theres a difference between Superheavyweight(wlad) and heavyweight(solis) in ams.

and please Vitali started his career with kickboxing gettin KTFO by Pele Reid in the final and than was banned from the Atlanta Olympics cuz he was using steriods. (Wlad jumped in and won that ****.)

you cant compare the ams with the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
            all are talkin about the ams, boy.

Solis lacks XP and other tools at pros to beat a champion.

I doubt Wlad or Vitali could have beat Solis back in the day.
            Here we go with the excuses already! Solis has very well the tools to trouble vitali! but it comes down to his motivation and training that is what is lacking!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
              Here we go with the excuses already! Solis has very well the tools to trouble vitali! but it comes down to his motivation and training that is what is lacking!
              rather FACTS than excuses

Im a big Vitali fan and think he will handle him pretty easy because
              Solis lacks XP at pro (pro debut in 2007, best foe: Ray freakin Austin) and so on

Comment

I got 400k on Vitali over Solis

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Juuza
                  This crook is incredibly dumb to think that Cuban trainers who suck are better than the old school trainers from America.Khan was trained by a Cuban and he fought like an idiot instead after Freddie he became much better.
                  rubio is a pretty good trainer, its not his fault that khan's chin is pure glass. that ko had nothing to do with training

Comment

Originally posted by Juuza
                    This crook is incredibly dumb to think that Cuban trainers who suck are better than the old school trainers from America.Khan was trained by a Cuban and he fought like an idiot instead after Freddie he became much better.
                    Did the "old crook" perhaps cheat you of anything, I wonder you seem so full of hatred to him. How well do you knowhim........I wonder again, I think you are just a spiteful, malicious person full of inexplicable hate.

As for the Cubans being better than the Americans, this was ALWAYS a well known fact amongst boxing people-of whom you likely are not one.

I think Kid Gavilan was a Cuban. Also the famous Luis Rodriguez, both far, far more famous than Casamayor, and both of whom you probably never heard of. And if I want to look around I could probably find many more.

If I am in error, I apologise.

Comment

Bob Arum is a self-hating white. Just like Alexander Dimitrenko.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-01-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X