Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Shreds De La Hoya, Schaefer: They are The Worst

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes a basterd to give a fighter a blatant suitcase of money....but it takes an even bigger as-hole to give a judge/sanctioning groups people money. They both have dirt on their hands, I don't know why Arum even bothers talking shiiiit.

Comment

What about the fact that Pacquiao took that briefcase full of money. LOL. Now Golden Boy gets a cut out of all of Pacquiao's earning. Arum is just made because that's less money that he can steal from Pacquiao.

Comment

De la hoya and Schaefer are jokes when it comes to promoting. Bob Arum isnt perfect either but hes a way better promoter than GBP will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
          What about the fact that Pacquiao took that briefcase full of money.
          not one of pac's finer moments and a mistake he pays for

LOL. Now Golden Boy gets a cut out of all of Pacquiao's earning. Arum is just made because that's less money that he can steal from Pacquiao.
          nah, arum is mad cause GBP used their liason to HBO to steal all HBO dates in 2010. if anyone is mad, it's GBP cause pac ran through all their cash cows like a ****o star at a sorority house. even mosley dumped them to hook up with top rank.

Comment

Bob arum cheats!!!!

In the mid 1990s, Arum committed a host of Felonies when he admittedly gave then IBF President Bob Lee over $100,000 as a “bribe” to allow George Foreman, then heavyweight champ, to fight Axel Schultz instead of a top contender. He accomplished this by laundering the money through Europe with then booking agent Stan Hoffman. Shortly thereafter, Arum admitted such in a US Dept. of Justice affidavit that was published here at RingTalk.com. The fallout saw Arum fined in a number of states, while unable to promote in Arizona.

Nicholson, Collie J.
            New York Beacon, The
            04-05-2000
            Bob Arum Paid $100,000 Bribe For Foreman Fight

Boxing officials in Nevada and California are in a tizzy over a U.S.
            Justice Department Document that revealed that Bob Arum, president of Top
            Rank Boxing, Inc., bribed an International Boxing Federation official with
            a $100,000 payment.

The expose was made by boxing columnist Peter Fernandez, an award winning
            writer and syndicated talk show host with the Talk America Radio Network,
            on his boxing website (www.fighters.com).

Fernandez documented that fact that Arum initiated the contact, arranged
            the meeting, offered the bribe, and made a …

Comment

Published: May 7, 2002

promoter Bob Arum has persuaded New Jersey regulators not to revoke his license 18 months after he stopped doing business in the state for paying a $100,000 bribe.

Don King, who once called Bob Arum "rat fink" in 2000 for admitting during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters.

Bob Arum was penalized $125,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 1995 for a bribe to get one of his fights sanctioned.

SO FOR ALL YOU *******S WHO ARE NEW TO BOXING AND THINK BOB ARUM IS AN HONEST MAN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU EXPLAIN THIS!!!! TRY TO DEFEND THAT!!!!
              Last edited by sapo#1; 02-13-2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: add more

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                This forum is unbelievable, as Arum just stated himself he's been a promoter for 50 years now. This is the guy who brought us all the fights when boxing was in its "Golden Era" with guys like Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Ali etc these were ALL Top Rank guys. And today, Arum is responsible for Manny, Cotto as well as Floyd Golden Boy is the one with all bark. Its apparent that Golden Boy needs Arum a hell of a lot more than Arum needs Golden Boy. Arum just got a deal with CBS, you DO NOT get a contract to show your events on National TV by being a "shady, piece of **** assh*le." He is a legit businessman who knows how to make a lot of money, promote and spread his product to the masses.

As for his lying comment I'm fine with it as just stated his a promoter which is nothing more than a salesman. He's just selling a fight not a car, and with all salesman they are going to stretch the truth such as the legitimacy of Mosley as an opponent. After the fight he may very well say that Mosley was old and washed up, but you don't ever say that until you get the money in your hand. If that is what people refer to as dirty fine, but by simply stating Mosley has a ton of experience, has a tough chin, and has a lot of power is a half truth more than a lie. He's just not telling you there is a ton of mileage on the odometer and it starts to overheat after 15-20 minutes of use. Its a horrible analogy but you get the idea, its simply business and Bob runs it to perfection as his pocket book would tell you.

Also what Arum is doing by not doing business with Golden Boy is nothing new to business either. I don't see Microsoft buying any Apple products or vice versa, you simply don't want your biggest rivals product on anything you produce. Golden Boy is just pissed that their biggest bread winners left are Khan and Alvarez, especially because Floyd isn't fighting (though he is a free agent) and now Mosley and Marquez jumped **** GBP isn't left with ****. They have two potential stars in Khan and Alvarez but they need the Top Rank fighters to become names. Bob is making a monopoly of boxing much like UFC has in MMA, but if all the guys are under one promotion they'll all end up fighting each other. Anyone hating on any of these circumstances is nothing more than a hater, Arum has potentially put boxing into a new "golden era" and its A LOT better than anything Golden Boy can put out.
                Apparently you know nothing about the corporate business structure.

Comment

Originally posted by antrob View Post
                  What about the fact that Pacquiao took that briefcase full of money. LOL. Now Golden Boy gets a cut out of all of Pacquiao's earning. Arum is just made because that's less money that he can steal from Pacquiao.
                  The percentage that Golden Balls gets from Manny's fights is miniscule, less than 5%, and much less than the legal fees which would have accrued. It was all well reported at the time.

Manny, who spoke almost no English at that time, said he was worn out from the trip, that Oscar wouldn't let him go and he was too polite to insist, and agreed just to get away. It wasn't in a car but at a dinner that Oscar dragged Manny to, and again, was too polite to refuse. He was almost untutored in Western mores then and his culture taught him not to disagree with anyone. All well reported at the time.

In Manny's contract with Top Rank at that time, almost expired but NOT YET, was aclause forbidding him to discuss contracts or signing with anyone without Top Rank's permission, a smart move on Arum's [art, considering what could and did happen.

Anyone who actually knows anything of those times will verify my statements.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    The percentage that Golden Balls gets from Manny's fights is miniscule, less than 5%, and much less than the legal fees which would have accrued. It was all well reported at the time.

Manny, who spoke almost no English at that time, said he was worn out from the trip, that Oscar wouldn't let him go and he was too polite to insist, and agreed just to get away. It wasn't in a car but at a dinner that Oscar dragged Manny to, and again, was too polite to refuse. He was almost untutored in Western mores then and his culture taught him not to disagree with anyone. All well reported at the time.

And 5% of what Pacquiao is earning is nothing to brush off. He just sold over a million PPV at 54.99 a pop.
                    In Manny's contract with Top Rank at that time, almost expired but NOT YET, was aclause forbidding him to discuss contracts or signing with anyone without Top Rank's permission, a smart move on Arum's [art, considering what could and did happen.

Anyone who actually knows anything of those times will verify my statements.
                    You make Pacquiao sound really dumb. So hee was to stupid to say no to getting dragged to a dinner and taking money he didn't want? No it's really like Pacquiao is a greedy man and took the briefcase full of money because he wanted it. Pacquiao is a grown man, he knew what he was doing. To say he was to polite or to naive, is really a insult on Pacquiao.
                    Last edited by antrob; 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szymonpl86
                      Your point is???? u going to lecture me go out and tell the world then. i can care less its history and it happened for a reason just like everything else in this world does. Dont judge my country because of one thing. and it was germans who made the death camps.
                      My point is that I am a Jew and I resent the fact that you would make that sneering untruth, sanctified by repitition for ages, about my people whom you include as a whole.

You don't mention that Jews, as a people are the top benefactors in gifts to charities all over the world, and have always been ever since they were alllowed to make some money. Apart from being an inbred instinct, it's a religious teaching that "The 4 supports of the World are learning, love of the Creator, and CHARITY".
                      I suppose that Oscar is less likely to do things for money than Arum, or Mayweather, or i
                      indeed almost anyone in successful business.

Not likely!

Comment

Working...
                      X