No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    That must be why pacquiao said cotto is the toughest fighter he has ever fought, right? Or let me guess, that must be why manny will only fight cotto if cotto drains out? Because he's overrated right?
    who has cotto beaten?

sombody please answer me lol

i deal with facts, not opinions
    Last edited by Paclan; 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      Because he's fighting this guy named Floyd Mayweather Jr. I don't know if you have heard of him, he's pretty good, you should check out his fights on youtube.
      Who?

Comment

• I overestimated Cotto in the Mayorga and Margarito fights.

The Mayorga fight, I predicted Cotto will blow Mayorga out in 6 rounds or less. It took him 12, and it wasn't like a knock out cold type of stoppage. And Mayorga even though he lost widely, actually got his good power punches in and didn't look as shot as he is[he's very shot].

The Margarito fight, I said Margarito was shot and his eye wasn't gonna hold up, and that it would be an easy fight for Cotto and it would get stopped because of Margarito's eye problems. Yes the eye thing happened, but Cotto did NOT make it look easy, he was HIT, repeatedly and cleanly against a very slow version of Margarito, definitely a different Margarito than the one he first fought, all around. I didn't think Margarito would even be that competitive at this point of his career.

So two fighters that are way past their sell date, looked better than shot against Cotto.

Let's say Mayweather is finally shot, and age has caught up to him. I guarantee that it will not show against a fighter like Cotto. If anything, Mayweather will probably look like a prime Floyd against Cotto. Fighters seem to look better than they should against Miguel. Just like Mosley-Cotto, Mosley was the underdog and was being called old, but instead he arguably fought Cotto to a draw in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          Who?
          Just some bum.

Comment

• and people who keep bringing up the fact that cotto gave away 1 pound(cotto came in at 146 in his last fight) to manny as an excuse as to why Pacquiao, who gave away 15 pounds to cotto took his soul are funny to me.

Stop lying to yourselves, cotto is nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              who has cotto beaten?

sombody please answer me lol
              About 37 people, 5-6 of them were undefeated at the time. His top wins being mosley, margarito, judah, clottey, and foreman.

Mosley was a better fighter than most of the names on pacs list. You know, the guy that roach/pac refused to fight for years

Comment

• Originally posted by nathan31 View Post
                I see a lot of people saying that cotto docent stand a chance that he is "shot" etc... my personal though is that the men has a big chance he has the power to wear down floyd hurt him and maybe ko him he has the experience and i belive that from his win over margarito in the way he did it im pretty shore he got his confident back after beating his "nightmare" what do you guys think on why he is so underestimated on this fight against floyd?
                Don't feel bad bro English is not my first language either.
                Last edited by W@rri0r; 03-16-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  About 37 people, 5-6 of them were undefeated at the time. His top wins being mosley, margarito, judah, clottey, and foreman.

Mosley was a better fighter than most of the names on pacs list. You know, the guy that roach/pac refused to fight for years
                  a close fight with an old mosley

a close fight with a shot margarito with one eye

a fight won by low blows against the second most overrated fighter of this era (zab judah)

are his best wins?

and did you really just mention clottey, who beat him worse than marquez beat pacquiao, and a one legged yuri foreman who also hasnt beaten anybody

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

please keep making yourself look ******, this is fun to me.
                  Last edited by Paclan; 03-16-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

and people who keep bringing up the fact that cotto gave away 1 pound(cotto came in at 146 in his last fight) to manny as an excuse as to why Pacquiao, who gave away 15 pounds to cotto took his soul are funny to me.

Stop lying to yourselves, cotto is nobody.
                    That last pound makes a huge difference. Never...never had he ever come in at 145. In shape and drained of water he would come in at 146+. If he's in shape and drained of water, what comes off to lose the pound? There's a reason that team pac asked for the catchweight, and continues to do so.

Comment

The way cotto uses his length and feet reminds of the way ali fights, and foreman and mayweather are both black.
                      Another mind **** session here?

Cotto - Mayweather

have been compared to Hagler/SRL
                      SRL/Duran I
                      now Foreman/Ali

Anyone other comparison?

The real answer is none of the above. It's gonna be Cotto-Mayweather.
                      Mayweather does not fight like any of those guys and Cotto does not have the skillz and power combo so there is no comparison.

Let the mind **** session continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X