Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
    probably some bum Pros .

He just going to pay them to emulate floyd .

Cotto should get a big name

mayweathers sparring henry so cotto should spar someone like Guzman
    Since when are the top/great sparring partners p4p guys?

Comment

• Some people are underestimating him, but I think people are just overestimating Floyd. It's probably a combination of the two actually, but the fact is Floyd should be favored in this fight because he is Floyd. He simply figures you out, that being said this is a fight he could lose, it definitely has the most "feel" of him losing since DLH. Also the people saying Cotto doesn't have a shot are *****'s, "casual fans" or butthurt Manny fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Lmao @ Cotto struggling with Broner as if he is even on the same level by beating absolutely NO ONE. He would be a terrific choice though, but Cotto's trainer was the head trainer of the Olympic amateurs for 20 years. Floyd fights an "amateur" style there really is nothing better than the trainer and sparring partners he will have. They'll be just as fast as Floyd and do well at countering, power/chin/stamina etc won't be nearly as good as Floyd and overall boxing IQ but he'll have the best of everything.
        I didnt say Cotto would get beat up or anything, just that the foot work would give him problems.. Pac in and out speed and foot work gave him problems...just my opinion. But i like the point you make also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Some people are underestimating him, but I think people are just overestimating Floyd. It's probably a combination of the two actually, but the fact is Floyd should be favored in this fight because he is Floyd. He simply figures you out, that being said this is a fight he could lose, it definitely has the most "feel" of him losing since DLH. Also the people saying Cotto doesn't have a shot are *****'s, "casual fans" or butthurt Manny fans.
          stop watching boxing, seriously. DLH only won 3 rounds of the fight, Floyd put on a clinic against a much bigger Champion at the Champs weight.

but just stop watching boxing

Comment

• Maybe Mayweather-Cotto is going to be like Mayweather-Cotto

Geez. Can we just say that? Just to make it easy and most of all, correct? Goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              I was never a fan of Leonard, until some years ago when i realised just how great his accomplishments were. And how many people dont give him his just dues because he was a media darling and flashy at times. Its a shame people come up with so many excuses as to why he won thos big fights without seeing he was just the better fighter.
              Hearns was gassed.....
              Duran was out of shape for the rematches....
              Hagler was old and fought righty for the first 4 rounds....
              Benitez was cut.....
              ALL excuses. Leonard deserves credit for those wins.

I dont agree with the notion you have to do more to beat the champ. I dont see how that is fair. Score it round by round without bias towards either fighter.

And i believe its a total myth that Leonard threw meaningless flurries at the end of the rounds. His punches throughout the fight were sharper, cleaner, harder, and his flurries had Hagler covering up, and Leonard when pinned against the ropes getting hit by Hagler, fought his way out with spectacular flurries that stopped Haglers attack. For a guy who hadnt fought in 3 years, what he did was incredible.
              I think (well this is how I feel) that Hagler should have kept his title against Leonard if it was consistent with Antufermo getting the draw?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  Ok then for before, let us not call it "ducking" just "not wanting none of" Hagler.

As for after... come on... one year of demanding a fight is "not really wanting it", "stopping quickly". you can't be serious...
                  I dunno man. I'm a huge Hagler fan but it all went on behind the scenes? Were their any public appearances by Hagler involving Leonard? Did he really push the media into pressuring Leonard? I'm not sure I wasn't around. Maybe you can answer? Leonard claims he never avoided a rematch as it was in fact Hagler who wanted none of it.

edit: just did some reading as you said Leonard offered him a rematch in 1990 and Hagler stated. "A while ago, yeah, I wanted him so bad, but I'm over that."

If he was over it why does he still moan about the decision? As I said if he really really wanted it why didn't he train up and take the re-match? I'm not blaming him for not doing so but you would think if it affects him so much as it appears to then he would be very very motivated to win in a rematch regardless?
                  Last edited by Barn; 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• ...nah

IMO Mayweather - Cotto will be like Duran - Hearns......

Comment

• It might be a good look. According to Diaz, he's trained more fighters in the style Floyd brings. In an interview he mentioned that Floyd is a great boxer, but has a normal Boxing style he's used to training. Maybe the sparring partners match that the closest as far as what he sees.

Comment

Working...
                      X