Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's definitely on point about Cotto's jab. Floyd has a tendency of leading with his left hook, and if Cotto could accurately timed him with a jab, Floyd could get KD. As badly as Floyd outclassed JMM, he did countered Floyd a few times when Floyd tried to led with the left hook constantly. I think Floyd is going to have to utilize his jab in that fight as he did when he fought JMM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I keep saying this. Cotto in his prime was just an okay fighter. He had an okay chance against Floyd, in his PRIME. Now? No chance. This is an at least top 50 ATG vs a borderline hall of famer. What do people expect to happen?
      Top 50 ATG vs a hall of famer...well past it. I like Cotto as a fighter, a lot, but he should have retired a couple years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        Top 50 ATG vs a hall of famer...well past it. I like Cotto as a fighter, a lot, but he should have retired a couple years ago.
        A few years ago? The dude got paid big against Pacquaio and the rematch against Margarito made him a lot of money too. Lets not forget he made a lot against Foreman and Mayorga too and now obviously his biggest pay day of his life. Win or lose he shouldn't retire. He should fight Alvarez after and make another 5-10 million. Then if he losses to Alvarez he can hang it up but if he beats Saul he should fight another huge fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          did it help for Mayweather Ortiz?
          No. I don't know where people get this idea of Alvarez being a ppv draw. If he was a draw, even able to bring in 200,000 buys, he'd be on his own ppv. I don't think he even adds 50,000 buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
            No. I don't know where people get this idea of Alvarez being a ppv draw. If he was a draw, even able to bring in 200,000 buys, he'd be on his own ppv. I don't think he even adds 50,000 buys.
            Dude was the headline for a main event in LA and sold out his own stadium for the PBF/Ortiz fight. Kid has tons of support from the Mexican fanbase

Comment

• Probably putting Canelo on the card to setup talk about a Canelo-Mayweather unification at 154. I doubt it's because they think Saul can't headline his own fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Dude was the headline for a main event in LA and sold out his own stadium for the PBF/Ortiz fight. Kid has tons of support from the Mexican fanbase
                Yeah, he's an attraction to Mexicans and So. Cal but in the rest of America, not so much. At least not to the point where his promoters can charge 50 dollars to see him fight. The reason why this fight is going to do so well is because Floyds a star and Miguel is the 3rd biggest name in boxing to Americans. Undercards have no influence in big time ppvs. Maybe little ppvs it helps sway the buyer but I can't imagine anyone buying this ppv because Saul Alvarez is on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                  Probably putting Canelo on the card to setup talk about a Canelo-Mayweather unification at 154. I doubt it's because they think Saul can't headline his own fights.
                  He can headline his own fights, that's not what they were debating. There are some people that feel if this fight does really well(over 1.4 million or so), it's because Alvarez is on it. He isn't a ppv attraction. Not yet, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    He's definitely on point about Cotto's jab. Floyd has a tendency of leading with his left hook, and if Cotto could accurately timed him with a jab, Floyd could get KD. As badly as Floyd outclassed JMM, he did countered Floyd a few times when Floyd tried to led with the left hook constantly. I think Floyd is going to have to utilize his jab in that fight as he did when he fought JMM.
                    Cotto's no JMM though.

Comment

• Not true.......

The facts say otherwise. If you take Alvarez off this card, it still does over 1million buys because May/Cotto are two and three on the pay-per-view list in terms of money earned. Alvarez has a good following and let's just leave it at that. Saying that he is the main reason for whatever is disrespectful to Cotto and Mayweather. All the hype comes from these younger fans on here who can't think past 2000. S.A. is a good prospect but that is all for now. Let's not make him out to be better than what he actually is. Until further notice, the three biggest pay-per-view stars are Manny, Mayweather, and Cotto; and in that order.

Comment

Working...
                      X