No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    According to fanboy "logic" all you need to do to win a round against Mayweather is land flush a few times. And if you make his nose bleed you should win automatically by TKO.
    I mean, I get it. Cotto was hitting Floyd more than people are used to seeing. But were they closing their eyes when Floyd was landing huge, chopping right hands at will?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
      Mayweather has never had problems with straight lefts.....
      It's the goddamn jab!
      You wanna know why?
      Because Floyd is a Counter puncher that relies on timing and a hard jab disrupts his rhythm.

If you don't know the difference between a left jab and a left cross than you shouldn't be making a tread about "how to defeat Mayweather" .

Cotto mixed his punches up well and kept Mayweather guessing.
      Pacman on the other hand...
      He telegraphs all of his punches, especially his left hand with that right jab.
      And Pac tends to be repetitive and enable to adjust mid fight, something Mayweather does well

I said many times before this fight that it would be a tough for Mayweather and that Cotto is far worse style match up than what Pac is.

Other than that Pac is a southpaw, Pac is made for Mayweather.
      A easily flustered opponent that leaves himself out of balance and out of position everytime he attacks, as well as having a inability to fight counter punchers(jmm x3)....

You do the math
      Firstly pay my 50 Mil that Cotto got to the 9th round. For a guy who thought Cotto was a harder match up, you expected him to get stopped.

Secondly you can watch round 1 of the Judah fight just to see that a straight left can land flush. The shell doesn't work as well against south paws, basic knowledge. I suggest go to a gym and spar and you will see, if you even box.

Do you?

Pac feints pretty well and can counter, be aggressive. Cotto is no more unpredictable than Pac. Cotto comes in with a jab, throws hooks to the body and head, or vice versa. Unpredictable? He was doing this since mofo time.

Comment

• Originally posted by stilltharow View Post
        mayweather come in at 147
        I don't know. He looked a little bigger but it's hard to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by zero188 View Post
          Cotto WAS in the fight, but mayweather clearly won the fight at least 8-4 and dominated on the scorecards. Most of what he was throwing was not landing, and was only made to look better by the crowds noise.
          kind of agree with you, I have Cotto 5 rounds...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            What's good boys?? Cotto fought a better fight than most expected. Floyd had to work hard for the win. But Pacman still has no chance. It's relatively clear to me that the key to beating Floyd lies in size. If your dimensions are smaller than Floyd's you'll have a problem.

It'll take a tall fighter & a good, consistent jab to disrupt Floyd. Plus meaningful body work. I'm kinda content right now with my beliefs. Floyd destroys Pacman but Martinez stops Floyd easily.
            Cotto won the amount of rounds I expected. He was more competitive than I expected, but didn't come any closer to winning the fight than I thought. I'm surprised he went at Floyd, I thought he would box him.

The size seems to be a real issue for Floyd. I've flip flopped a lot with the Mayweather-Martinez fight, and I'm back to thinking Floyd can't hurt Sergio and will eat a lot of left hands.

Comment

• haters gone hate

Comment

• It was a smart move from Team Cotto though, going with 10oz heavy weight gloves. Floyd's still very fast though.

Comment

• I could only give Cotto three rounds although a couple of rounds could have gone either way I got no issues with the scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                    Mayweather has never had problems with straight lefts.....
                    It's the goddamn jab!
                    You wanna know why?
                    Because Floyd is a Counter puncher that relies on timing and a hard jab disrupts his rhythm.

If you don't know the difference between a left jab and a left cross than you shouldn't be making a tread about "how to defeat Mayweather" .

Cotto mixed his punches up well and kept Mayweather guessing.
                    Pacman on the other hand...
                    He telegraphs all of his punches, especially his left hand with that right jab.
                    And Pac tends to be repetitive and enable to adjust mid fight, something Mayweather does well

I said many times before this fight that it would be a tough for Mayweather and that Cotto is far worse style match up than what Pac is.

Other than that Pac is a southpaw, Pac is made for Mayweather.
                    A easily flustered opponent that leaves himself out of balance and out of position everytime he attacks, as well as having a inability to fight counter punchers(jmm x3)....

You do the math
                    I'm very convinced at this point that Pac's right-right-left combination would not work, it's very predictable and Floyd would counter Pac right in the middle of it. Pac plays the angle game well, but if Floyd keeps him backing up in a straight line, that strength would be neutralized. Floyd has proven that he can neutralize almost every strength that Pac has. Pac doesn't have an educated jab either, so I'm not sure how Roach would get him prepared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      I thought Mayweather won the fight. He sealed the deal in the 12th. The scorecards were a disgrace as usual. The scorecards have been disgusting in almost every fight in the last 6 years. The judges are taking money to protect the house fighter and or a bigger fight every fight. They don't even try to hide it anymore. It's the new WWF. Goldenboy is as bad as top rank.

Cotto could have dominated 11 and 12, dropped mayweather and only get a majority draw.
                      Stop.

Just because he didn't dominate doesn't mean he didn't win.

Comment

Working...
                      X