Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, he could have done that. Except he won 2-3 rounds at best while almost being dropped in the last round.

Comment

• The scorecards were fine. Just because Floyd was actually getting hit doesn't mean he was losing many rounds.

Comment

• mayweather come in at 147

Comment

• Cotto WAS in the fight, but mayweather clearly won the fight at least 8-4 and dominated on the scorecards. Most of what he was throwing was not landing, and was only made to look better by the crowds noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            The scorecards were fine. Just because Floyd was actually getting hit doesn't mean he was losing many rounds.
            According to fanboy "logic" all you need to do to win a round against Mayweather is land flush a few times. And if you make his nose bleed you should win automatically by TKO.

Comment

• "I see you trollin', you hatin'....."

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Cotto didn't show us anything Castillo didn't, other than the success with the jab, which hit Mayweather reliably.

It's quite possible, even likely that Pac will look bad against Bradley and change my mind, but I feel much better about Pac's chances against Mayweather now. Floyd may have chosen to go to war with Cotto, but how much of that is because he can't move like he used to?
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think it's choice personally, the legs. I thought he used his legs well when he had to/watned to. In the first 4 rounds and the last 4. One the outside Mayweather was vastly superior, on the inside it was great stuff, toe to toe. Credit to Weeks for letting them fight.

It's just styles.

Cotto brings things to the table that Pacquaio doesn't and vice versa.

I personally don't think anyone without a jab can beat Mayweather.
                What's good boys?? Cotto fought a better fight than most expected. Floyd had to work hard for the win. But Pacman still has no chance. It's relatively clear to me that the key to beating Floyd lies in size. If your dimensions are smaller than Floyd's you'll have a problem.

It'll take a tall fighter & a good, consistent jab to disrupt Floyd. Plus meaningful body work. I'm kinda content right now with my beliefs. Floyd destroys Pacman but Martinez stops Floyd easily.

Comment

• JUST BECAUSE A FIGHTER DOES BETTER THAN EXPECTED DOESN'T MEAN HE WON.

You got to score the fight fairly. You can't give rounds to Cotto just because he's exceeding expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    According to fanboy "logic" all you need to do to win a round against Mayweather is land flush a few times. And if you make his nose bleed you should win automatically by TKO.
                    LMFAO!

And that=certified ass beating of Mayweather, Mayweather is shot and should retire.

Comment

• so gamboa coming in with mayweather huh

Even at the end of the fight they brought in gamboa to be seen with floyd. Arum must be heated.

Comment

Working...
                      X