Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueprint to beat Floyd = Jab and feints?

We saw Oscar's jab give Floyd problems, and Shane feinted to the body with those lazy jabs to land the 2nd round overhand right (a la Tommy Hearns).

Seems like at least a glimpse of the blueprint to beat Floyd is to have a textbook, strong jab (we already know this, pretty much) but to also use feints.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Well Cotto slows down to a crawl late in fights, and loses mustard on his punches. Remember how Pacquaio would just storm him, and blast his ass with combos and not even blink at cottos his shots past the 6th round. Remember how he ran for his life and did NOTHING after the 7th round other than get pummelled. That was a cotto around his prime, now imagine a slower, more worn out cotto running from mayweather who wont be hitting him as hard or as much as Pacquaio, but will land at a higher rate, and land right on the button over and over again. I am telling you, you will be ashamed of, or feel sad for cotto after this fight is over. It is pointless, mayweather by late TKO in a onesided scrap.
      MY DUED you talking without knowing ANYTHING. Cotto was NOT in his prime. He was mentally out of boxing at that time, he did not have any passion or love for boxing and he had no trainer, he had a yes man nutritionist in his corner. Cotto did that fight for money and thought he could win bc Pac was small. Cotto is better now than he was then.

1 - He is hydrated now, a ***** like you won't know **** about that though.
      2 - His mind is in the game. He got cheated against and lost all love for boxing after Margs. He said it several times.
      3 - He has a trainer who pushes him and he listens to, will create a gameplan.

Comment

• Originally posted by PacTard View Post
        So fighting Hatton at his best/natural fighting weight is still considered "leftovers," then? I didn't realize there were different levels of "leftovers." For the record... I think JMM is great. My point, is that the whole "leftovers" thing is really stupid...
        i kind of agree the leftover thing is stupid..but when ur beating all of the other guys fighters hes already beaten OR ur draining fighters on top of that...i mean come on...floyd was wrong for the marquez thing, at least come in at the weight u chose...but mannys team has been cherry picking/draining for awhile now...maybe evenmore so than floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by shadyivlife View Post
          I agree. Manny asking to fight at 147 after Cotto moved up to 154 is a pu$$y move. Still doesn't change the fact that Pac dismantled Cotto already. Floyd IS fighting Manny's leftovers. Plain and simple.
          Manny just got his azz kicked by mayweathers leftovers pretty damn handily too , so I say floyd aint doing to bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            Got a funny and good feeling - Khan vs Ortiz could happen on the undercard.

yea right...that would be crazyy, but i really doubt it.

Comment

• 1.5...Canelo will be on the undercard, probably Guererro. Miguel Cotto has a legit following and does ok by himself. This fight be Mayweather's 2nd highest selling fight.

Comment

• Why is Mayweather-Cotto having olympic drug testing?

Serious question. Whats the point?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  The De La Hoya that Floyd fought, would beat the crap out of this current Cotto.

Ortiz would probably beat Cotto at this point.

This is why I **** on Cotto so much, because of threads like these.
                  Agreed. The DLH that fought Mayweather would Beat Cotto's ass. And a current Ortiz would as well.

Easy UD for Mayweather, maybe even a TKO late.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    I though he used his right hand better in the rematch. He really put some steam on it at times.

There are differences. Not enough to say he's shot. That's ridiculous. Manny Pac looked way better vs Ricky Hatton, Clottey, Cotto then he did vs Margo, Mosley and Marquez. I'm not calling him shot.
                    I don't think he is shot, but has lost some thing and gained other.

He had some blurring hand speed in the first fight, and threw combos where you couldn't count the punches without the slow-mo replay.

Cotto is not as gun-ho as he was as well.

Comment

• What's the point of regular testing?

Comment

Working...
                      X