No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
    I overestimated Cotto in the Mayorga and Margarito fights.

The Mayorga fight, I predicted Cotto will blow Mayorga out in 6 rounds or less. It took him 12, and it wasn't like a knock out cold type of stoppage. And Mayorga even though he lost widely, actually got his good power punches in and didn't look as shot as he is[he's very shot].

The Margarito fight, I said Margarito was shot and his eye wasn't gonna hold up, and that it would be an easy fight for Cotto and it would get stopped because of Margarito's eye problems. Yes the eye thing happened, but Cotto did NOT make it look easy, he was HIT, repeatedly and cleanly against a very slow version of Margarito, definitely a different Margarito than the one he first fought, all around. I didn't think Margarito would even be that competitive at this point of his career.

So two fighters that are way past their sell date, looked better than shot against Cotto.

Let's say Mayweather is finally shot, and age has caught up to him. I guarantee that it will not show against a fighter like Cotto. If anything, Mayweather will probably look like a prime Floyd against Cotto. Fighters seem to look better than they should against Miguel. Just like Mosley-Cotto, Mosley was the underdog and was being called old, but instead he arguably fought Cotto to a draw in my eyes.
    He's fought 21 rounds in both of those fights and lost AT THE MOST 4 rounds. Floyd loses that many in a fight and its "he's figuring them out." Cotto loses that many in 2 fights and he's washed up... lmao. And them landing their power punches... Floyd gets hit too.

Margarito - Cotto landed 43% of his punches and got hit 22% of the time.
    Mayorga - He landed 49% of his punches and got hit 34% of the time.

Those are Floyd numbers in terms of hit/miss ratio but just barely. How the **** can you say he was struggling with Margarito when he landed 21% more times than he was hit and with a guy with two eyes it was 15% difference. Floyd had about a 17% differential with Ortiz and about 25% with Mosley... It's better than Cotto but not by much, and expecting Cotto to KO Marg or Mayorga is idiotic, these guys are both 5'10" and about 180 on fight night. They outweigh Cotto by 15-20 pounds, seriously you aren't going to put a guy to sleep if he has 20 pounds on your, sorry.

Comment

• Ask Floyd Senior who won the OScar-Floyd fight. As for Cotto, I am one of those that dont see him having a chance. He will be competetive, but as mentioned earlier; mayweather figures fighters out, then puts on a clinic. I think the first half of the fight will be exciting for Cotto fans, after that is all Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
        stop watching boxing, seriously. DLH only won 3 rounds of the fight, Floyd put on a clinic against a much bigger Champion at the Champs weight.

but just stop watching boxing
        You're an idiot, where did I say Floyd lost that fight? I said that this fight has the aura of Floyd possibly losing, since he faced Oscar. I don't know how much clearly I can state that... I might need to stop watching boxing but you need to go back to 3rd grade and understand reading comprehension. Also don't put your own "you got owned" smiley it makes you look like a dumbass, especially when you didn't even understand my point. Apparently I need to stop watching boxing so I can learn MORE on the subject if I actually thought Oscar did win? Now I know why you didn't understand my sentence, you looked at a word didn't know what it was and stopped learning how to read that's how we get in these situations. You need to stop posting, seriously.

Comment

• If this isn't sarcasm, which it most likely is, you need help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            Manny has beaten 4 Lineal world Champions- more than anybody else in History.

And has wins against 2 top 50 atg's- Morales and Barrera.

Pacquiao's Best Wins:

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba
            Marco Antonio Barrera (twice)
            Erik Morales (twice)
            Juan Manuel marquez (debatable)
            Ricky Hatton

Wether or not Pacquiao is overrated has nothing to do with the fact that Cotto IS overrated. Nobody was talking about Pacquiao.

Again I ask you- Who has Cotto beaten?
            Cotto beat Mosley who was on a 6 fight win streak. When Shane called Mosley out Pac ran like a bich and only fought him after he lost to Floyd

Comment

• because Shotto was being hit in the later rounds by a leadfooted bricklayer in his last fight. This cherrypicked fight would have been a bit more competitive five to seven years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                that made me LOL

B.Hop gonna son Chad...oops my bad, wrong thread!!
                U dont even KNOW Chad...Chad had some bad fights, stopped training as hard, and it made people forget who he used to be...He is back to training hard, he's hungry, and his defense, and CRAZY Offense will be too much for 50 yr old Hopkins...Its gonna be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBWxYlZasI

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  You're an idiot, where did I say Floyd lost that fight? I said that this fight has the aura of Floyd possibly losing, since he faced Oscar. I don't know how much clearly I can state that... I might need to stop watching boxing but you need to go back to 3rd grade and understand reading comprehension. Also don't put your own "you got owned" smiley it makes you look like a dumbass, especially when you didn't even understand my point. Apparently I need to stop watching boxing so I can learn MORE on the subject if I actually thought Oscar did win? Now I know why you didn't understand my sentence, you looked at a word didn't know what it was and stopped learning how to read that's how we get in these situations. You need to stop posting, seriously.

You seem to forgot who you're interacting with...i can clearly see his name is still YESIR, who could ever forget that!

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    U dont even KNOW Chad...Chad had some bad fights, stopped training as hard, and it made people forget who he used to be...He is back to training hard, he's hungry, and his defense, and CRAZY Offense will be too much for 50 yr old Hopkins...Its gonna be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBWxYlZasI
                    cool.....how come everytime somebody talks about this fight they make reference to B.Hop's age and then rocks out about how Chad is gonna do this and that....but at the end of the day IF the Chad heads prophecy comes into fruition and the B.Hop loyalist remind yall of B.Hop's age....its called an EXCUSE in "ish talking" land....so don't tell me how old B.Hop is...that just makes it worst when B.Hop's hand gets raised when the smoke is cleared

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                      another mind **** session here?

Cotto - mayweather

have been compared to hagler/srl
                      srl/duran i
                      now foreman/ali

anyone other comparison?

The real answer is none of the above. It's gonna be cotto-mayweather.
                      Mayweather does not fight like any of those guys and cotto does not have the skillz and power combo so there is no comparison.

Let the mind **** session continue.
                      camacho leonard

Comment

Working...
                      X