No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I dunno man. I'm a huge Hagler fan but it all went on behind the scenes? Were their any public appearances by Hagler involving Leonard? Did he really push the media into pressuring Leonard? I'm not sure I wasn't around. Maybe you can answer? Leonard claims he never avoided a rematch as it was in fact Hagler who wanted none of it.

edit: just did some reading as you said Leonard offered him a rematch in 1990 and Hagler stated. "A while ago, yeah, I wanted him so bad, but I'm over that."

If he was over it why does he still moan about the decision? As I said if he really really wanted it why didn't he train up and take the re-match? I'm not blaming him for not doing so but you would think if it affects him so much as it appears to then he would be very very motivated to win in a rematch regardless?
    In 1990 Hagler was 36 (I think) and 3 years inactive. I think this is why he rightfully chose to not come back.

I do not think Hagler needed to do anything to make a case for a rematch, besides saying that (which he did, in a few occasions). The boxing public was divided on the outcome of the biggest fight in recent times. He was the reigning champion on the losing end of a controversial decision. Usually that is a sure recipe for a rematch.

But I don't really understand what is there to argue about. Leonard literally retired until Hagler retired, then came back and called him out. That is as clear as it gets! (and as a sidenote, goes above and beyond anything Mayweather has ever done to not make a fight)

Comment

• Is this new?

@FloydMayweather going above & beyond to cover a boys heart transplant / surgery. Cc: @DavidLLevi

Just saw it on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
        Is this new?

@FloydMayweather going above & beyond to cover a boys heart transplant / surgery. Cc: @DavidLLevi

Just saw it on Twitter.

INB4

**cough* PR stunt*cough**

Comment

• Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          cool.....how come everytime somebody talks about this fight they make reference to B.Hop's age and then rocks out about how Chad is gonna do this and that....but at the end of the day IF the Chad heads prophecy comes into fruition and the B.Hop loyalist remind yall of B.Hop's age....its called an EXCUSE in "ish talking" land....so don't tell me how old B.Hop is...that just makes it worst when B.Hop's hand gets raised when the smoke is cleared
          A prime Bhop would get DESTROYED by this beast...but the fact that he's old, flatfooted, fat, slow(these are things I noticed in the last 2 rounds), WILL make it worse...DUH...This is why B hop quit the fight cuz he KNEW he would lose...this is why he ducked him for 3 years...Your a moron to say he's gonna beat Chad...Chad is a NATURAL fighter like Mayweather...Bhop is a TAUGHT Fighter....Matter of fact, Chad is a FASCINATING Fighter when he's at his best...throws 13 punch combo, jumps behind you, grabs u by the waist, spins u around, then attacks from behind you...Ur CRAZY to say Bhop can beat this kid...Pascal caught a BAD dawson....NO WAY should Chad have ost to that bum...You will see...I support Chad for a reason man...this guy is Mayweather PLUS some

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            INB4

**cough* PR stunt*cough**
            #moneyteam

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              if one pound is such a big advantage, what about the 15 pounds that pacquiao gave away to cotto?

lmao, this is too easy

i can spit and piss 1 pound of weight in 10 minutes
              Hey dlck rider, if 1 or 2 pounds isnt a big difference why did manny force Cotto to 145 instead of fighting him at 147? They did fight for the 147 title? Please make a case for Manny fighting Clottey and Mosley. I'll wait.

Comment

• Some Photoshop action.

Comment

• Do one where Cotto throw his signature hook to the body, and then Photoshop Floyd countering him with a hook/uppercut up top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    He's fought 21 rounds in both of those fights and lost AT THE MOST 4 rounds. Floyd loses that many in a fight and its "he's figuring them out." Cotto loses that many in 2 fights and he's washed up... lmao. And them landing their power punches... Floyd gets hit too.

Margarito - Cotto landed 43% of his punches and got hit 22% of the time.
                    Mayorga - He landed 49% of his punches and got hit 34% of the time.

Those are Floyd numbers in terms of hit/miss ratio but just barely. How the **** can you say he was struggling with Margarito when he landed 21% more times than he was hit and with a guy with two eyes it was 15% difference. Floyd had about a 17% differential with Ortiz and about 25% with Mosley... It's better than Cotto but not by much, and expecting Cotto to KO Marg or Mayorga is idiotic, these guys are both 5'10" and about 180 on fight night. They outweigh Cotto by 15-20 pounds, seriously you aren't going to put a guy to sleep if he has 20 pounds on your, sorry.
                    He struggled with Margarito. Get his c*ck out of your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                      He struggled with Margarito. Get his c*ck out of your mouth.
                      Lmao, he gets hit 5% less and Marg threw nearly 200 less punches through 9 rounds and he struggled? Struggling is nearly losing a fight, Manny struggled with Marquez. It wasn't an easy fight but he didn't "struggle" please, get a brain in your head.

Comment

Working...
                      X