Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      It was the hottest fight in boxing in 2008. And Mayweather wasn't ever willing to negotiate.
      you're a moron.....by that time arum signed cotto up for 2 fights.........cotto put signature to the gomez fight & verbally agreed to the margarito fight. leaving him completely busy............

look at the dates for yourself. cottos only 2 fights in 2008 is gomez & margarito..............

why?

because arum purposely set up that way dumba**

Comment

This is not even worth addressing. I mean the fact you think it represents a valid point shows how naive or perhaps ****** you are. Saying he'd love to fight Cotto doesn't mean he would have fought him. Its called saving face. What else would he say? The only thing to take from that interview is that he said Cotto wasn't a big enough name or a big enough attraction and he lives in PR.

I dont remember him saying that. But same response really. He was already setting up the Oscar rematch. Saying he'd fight x, y or z doesn't mean anything.
        What you are saying is the opposite side of the same coin so don't try and act like you are superior.

You don't have first hand knowledge it is all speculation~ so don't act like you are talking facts.

History has shown Mayweather will fight if his demands are met, when they aren't he won't, so who is really talking out their ass~

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deal With It- View Post
          He also said in the same interview that he "would love" to fight Cotto. And all he had to do was contact him with the right offer if he wanted a fight. The offer never arrived. Apparently and unfortunately, Arum felt Alfonso Gomez was a more viable opponent for Cotto than Mayweather.

Talk is cheap .... just change Cotto with Manny in your sentence.

Floyd said, "If Manny accepts the OST, we got a fight", .... "Manny your next" .... but did Floyd fight Manny?

Comment

• Dont think so...

Bruseles was a D fighter at best I dont see Mayweather taking a Cotto punch the way he was taking Bruseles punches that may be dangerous for FMW.

If Cotto can connect body shots on FMW the fight will be another one.

I am a big fan of FMW but I am not sure about this fight because Cotto is still very dangerous!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              They had the biggest fight in history and Floyd won, they tried to give him the same deal, sorry that they didn't make the offer to make the fight happen on a fight nobody really wanted. It could have happened though had his price been met~

Cotto was never that sort of threat, for the right offer Floyd would have fought him. You can say whatever because that has been proven out, how many guys would Floyd not fight but when the right offer comes along he does.

Floyd is a ****y SOB you seriosuly don;t think if he gets his number he won't fight anyone, if that number is a lot or more than you feel he is worth is not important what he would actually do if his demands are met are.
              There was no number in a potential Cotto fight that would have satisfied him. Not enough reward for the risk. He was ready to also rematch Ricky Hatton before he fought Cotto. Damn you guys lie to yourself constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                link

Ellerbe criticized Cotto's HBO and pay-per-view ratings, and said the Puerto Rican is not fiscally or historically appealing enough.

"It has nothing to do with Cotto's ability or talent, because I happen to believe he's a very good fighter," Ellerbe said. "I just don't think he brings enough to the table. Right now, he's not a draw in boxing. Outside of the hardcore press, nobody cares. If nobody's watching, what makes the guy important?

"We can't say what's going to happen a year from now, but at this moment, he's not in the stratosphere."
                When people were claiming he was avoiding Mosley in '09, He said similar things about Mosley not being a PPV attraction and pointing to his losses and such when he was asked about fighting him... the fight still got made.

BTW, this is AFTER the Gomez fight, where Mayweather was already in negotiations with De La Hoya for a rematch. Your timeline is off and
                my point still stands. Arum NEVER pursued a Mayweather-Cotto fight EVER. When Mayweather was free after the Hatton fight. Arum almost immediately chose Gomez without even attempting to initiate negotiations with Mayweather. FACT

Comment

There was no number in a potential Cotto fight that would have satisfied him. Not enough reward for the risk. He was ready to also rematch Ricky Hatton before he fought Cotto. Damn you guys lie to yourself constantly.
                  Says you, that isn't a fact that is you talking.

Look in the mirror and heed your own words~

Comment

• There is no amount of reasoning with ******ity or fanboyism.

Comment

There is no amount of reasoning with ******ity or fanboyism.

Comment

Working...
                      X