• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxer1590 View Post
    I stand by my statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunks View Post
      men lie, women lie and #'s dont.,...yes Cotto did ok early on in a sense but he didnt dominate those rds, he did enough to make them close but he didnt do anything impressive and he was knocked down 2 times in the first 4 rounds....im not impressed by that....
      No...#s are used to manipulate. Especially in the sport of boxing where anything besides a jab is considered a power punch & where there is such a variation of punches being thrown at different velocities and with different power.

I never said you had to be impressed.

Comment

No...#s are used to manipulate. Especially in the sport of boxing where anything besides a jab is considered a power punch & where there is such a variation of punches being thrown at different velocities and with different power.

I never said you had to be impressed.

so what rounds did Cotto decisively win?...

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          lol.......this thread will be good

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            He won a feeling out round.
            Because pac just gives out feeling out rounds right. Maybe ricky hatton wants to chime in on this one.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Cotto didn't dominate that round. Nor is it a clear Cotto round. Manny did as much as Cotto did. 10-8 round for Pac.
            I never said he dominated. It was a back and forth round, with manny winning because of the knockdown in the beginning.

Another 10-8 round for Pac.
            So you disagree that cotto was winning the fourth until the knockdown?

A competitive round that could have gone either way. I will give it to Cotto. But, giving it to Pac is not a crime.
            Nah, it was cottos round.

People try to make it out that Cotto had more success than he actually. And, their excuse is saying "I don't remember" funny remember only the first half and not the 2nd. But, why is that? Maybe because, they didn't see the fight and go by what others say about it? Like Oscar stopped throwing the jab in the 2nd half against Floyd. It would help to actually watch fight. Maybe even more than once.
            Ive seen the fight more times than i can remember, as i stated before **** was going downhill quick for cotto after the 4th, yet he still won the fifth. all in all, through the course of the night, he got his ass murked. Your comment is irrelevant, and judging by how yo uhave judged the first half of the fight, im questioning whether or nto you have actually seen the fight.

Yes because an obviously weakened weight-drained fighter is the same a natural strong WW.
            Watch 24/7, cotto had to starve himself too to make the weight. Obviously it took more of an effect on oscar with him being older especially, but he did jack **** in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunks View Post

so what rounds did Cotto decisively win?...
              Did I state any claims regarding Cotto decisively winning rounds? Allow me to answer that for you...No. I simply claimed he was competitive and giving Pacquiao all he could handle early on, even with the knockdowns. The rounds where Cotto was knocked down, he still did well in those rounds despite hitting the canvas. I stand by that, and disagree with any claim to the contrary. No need to attempt manipulating my words around in a way that would favor your arguments. It is quite obvious that we're going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Comment

• Well I spent much more time debating this than I originally intended lol. I have to log off because I have homework to do! It was fun though, I have to start visiting this forum more often!

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Because pac just gives out feeling out rounds right. Maybe ricky hatton wants to chime in on this one.
                  It was a feeling out round. Look at it. Yes Pac can have feeling out rounds in round 1. It's not like it was round 8 ******. Hatton has nothing to do with this. Because, A) every fight is different and B) Cotto was having a feeling out round and not rushing in reckless ala Hatton

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  I never said he dominated. It was a back and forth round, with manny winning because of the knockdown in the beginning.
                  He would have to dominate that round for it to be closer than 10-8.

So you disagree that cotto was winning the fourth until the knockdown?
                  He didn't win the round big enough to make it closer than 10-8

Nah, it was cottos round.
                  Nah, it's not decisive Cotto round. I scored it for Cotto. But, it's wasn't a big enough round where a case couldn't be made for it to be a Pac round.

Ive seen the fight more times than i can remember, as i stated before **** was going downhill quick for cotto after the 4th, yet he still won the fifth. all in all, through the course of the night, he got his ass murked. Your comment is irrelevant, and judging by how yo uhave judged the first half of the fight, im questioning whether or nto you have actually seen the fight.
                  You seen the fight more times than you can remember. But, can't remember round 6. Yes you remember rounds 1-5 "perfectly"

Watch 24/7, cotto had to starve himself too to make the weight. Obviously it took more of an effect on oscar with him being older especially, but he did jack **** in the fight.
                  Oscar was drained, Cotto wasn't. Watch the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    It was a feeling out round. Look at it. Yes Pac can have feeling out rounds in round 1. It's not like it was round 8 ******. Hatton has nothing to do with this. Because, A) every fight is different and B) Cotto was having a feeling out round and not rushing in reckless ala Hatton
                    It was a feeling out round, because cotto demanded the respect from manny. Starting with a couple hard jabs, and some body shots, before heating up at the end of the round. It was a competitive round, nobody dominated, but cotto won it. Do you disagree?

He would have to dominate that round for it to be closer than 10-8.

He didn't win the round big enough to make it closer than 10-8
                    This isnt the argument im making. THEY WERE COMPETETIVE ROUNDS, WERE THEY NOT?

Nah, it's not decisive Cotto round. I scored it for Cotto. But, it's wasn't a big enough round where a case couldn't be made for it to be a Pac round.
                    It was decisive enough to where everybody and their brother had cotto winning. Did he dominate manny at any point in the night, no. But he won the round.

You seen the fight more times than you can remember. But, can't remember round 6. Yes you remember rounds 1-5 "perfectly"
                    For the sake of the same damn argument that comes up on these boards, as far as cotto being competetive during the first half of the fight, yes i do remember damn well the first 5 rounds.Rounds 6-12 were a shelacking, with cotto having little, but some, success. He took a beating during these rounds, in anycase its irrelevant to the argument im making. He was mor competetive the first half than people will give him credit for.

Inb you disregard me using the word competetive, and instead say im saying cotto dominated.

Oscar was drained, Cotto wasn't. Watch the fight.
                    Oscar was old and done as a fighter. He was done, through, finished. Even he says that. Yet he was a prime oscar the year before when he fought floyd huh?

Imo, cotto has more in his tank than oscar did at that point in time.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya is not Miguel Cotto. He is not any form of Cotto, better or worse. They are two separate en******. Your entire analysis is irrelevant.

Cotto has always been beyond competitive with his opponents. He's beaten everyone he's ever been in the ring with except Manny Pacquiao. In his only losses, 1st Margarito fight, he was out-boxing Margarito easy until stamina and Margarito's pressure (possibly plaster) started to play a factor. Early against Pacquiao, he was very competitive and was giving Pacquiao all he could handle, until Pacquiao's power and pressure got to him. Cottto was able to box competitively with them, including beating Margarito in a rematch, and wasn't out-boxed by guys like Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, and Paulie Malignaggi. I think Cotto's talent is dramatically underrated. Floyd fights at more of a pace that I don't see stamina, Cotto's biggest issue, playing that big of a factor. Cotto has never been out-boxed/outclassed by an opponent skill-wise, just pressured and broken down. Cotto has shown he can box with the best in the game.....but yea Mayweather is at a whole different level than everyone else. There is a chance Mayweather blows him out of the water, but I think based on what Cotto has shown in the past he deserves a little more credit. I think he has a chance at least.

Cotto's chances shouldn't be dismissed because of what happened with Oscar De La Hoya. Cotto is his own man, with his own style, with his own accomplishments.
                      100% Agreed

Comment

Working...
                      X