Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    lol.......this thread will be good

I dont see Cotto doing any better than Oscar did and Oscar tried hard as hell to land punches to no avail.....

Comment

• Meh. I think beating Cotto is on the same level as Floyd beating Oscar. Both Oscar and Cotto were not natural JMW, both were done at the elite level is concern(I think Cotto might have more at this point than Oscar did, not sure), both had fighters that were mirages prior to fighting Floyd. That kind of fooled a lot of people on how much they actually had.

I think it's the same level type of fight, the credit should be around the same for both fights. Whatever you thought about Floyd-Oscar should be pretty much what you feel about Floyd-Cotto.

Comment

• He's right though, only difference is Mayweather will be alot more comfortable against Cotto, who isn't as fast, doesn't have the size; reach or power of Oscar. Floyd's right hand won't be as restricted in that he'll have to throw an overhand right over the jab, he can pull back counter, lead, be more offensive. Cotto can definitely get stopped.

Comment

• Oscar De La Hoya is not Miguel Cotto. He is not any form of Cotto, better or worse. They are two separate en******. Your entire analysis is irrelevant.

Cotto has always been beyond competitive with his opponents. He's beaten everyone he's ever been in the ring with except Manny Pacquiao. In his only losses, 1st Margarito fight, he was out-boxing Margarito easy until stamina and Margarito's pressure (possibly plaster) started to play a factor. Early against Pacquiao, he was very competitive and was giving Pacquiao all he could handle, until Pacquiao's power and pressure got to him. Cottto was able to box competitively with them, including beating Margarito in a rematch, and wasn't out-boxed by guys like Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, and Paulie Malignaggi. I think Cotto's talent is dramatically underrated. Floyd fights at more of a pace that I don't see stamina, Cotto's biggest issue, playing that big of a factor. Cotto has never been out-boxed/outclassed by an opponent skill-wise, just pressured and broken down. Cotto has shown he can box with the best in the game.....but yea Mayweather is at a whole different level than everyone else. There is a chance Mayweather blows him out of the water, but I think based on what Cotto has shown in the past he deserves a little more credit. I think he has a chance at least.

Cotto's chances shouldn't be dismissed because of what happened with Oscar De La Hoya. Cotto is his own man, with his own style, with his own accomplishments.

Comment

• Miguel Cotto has never been outboxed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Meh. I think beating Cotto is on the same level as Floyd beating Oscar. Both Oscar and Cotto were not natural JMW, both were done at the elite level is concern(I think Cotto might have more at this point than Oscar did, not sure), both had fighters that were mirages prior to fighting Floyd. That kind of fooled a lot of people on how much they actually had.

I think it's the same level type of fight, the credit should be around the same for both fights. Whatever you thought about Floyd-Oscar should be pretty much what you feel about Floyd-Cotto.
              I agree with this JR.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxer1590 View Post
                Oscar De La Hoya is not Miguel Cotto. He is not any form of Cotto, better or worse. They are two separate en******. Your entire analysis is irrelevant.

Cotto has always been beyond competitive with his opponents. He's beaten everyone he's ever been in the ring with except Manny Pacquiao. In his only losses, 1st Margarito fight, he was out-boxing Margarito easy until stamina and Margarito's pressure (possibly plaster) started to play a factor. Early against Pacquiao, he was very competitive and was giving Pacquiao all he could handle, until Pacquiao's power and pressure got to him. Cottto was able to box competitively with them, including beating Margarito in a rematch, and wasn't out-boxed by guys like Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, and Paulie Malignaggi. I think Cotto's talent is dramatically underrated. Floyd fights at more of a pace that I don't see stamina, Cotto's biggest issue, playing that big of a factor. Cotto has never been out-boxed/outclassed by an opponent skill-wise, just pressured and broken down. Cotto has shown he can box with the best in the game.....but yea Mayweather is at a whole different level than everyone else. There is a chance Mayweather blows him out of the water, but I think based on what Cotto has shown in the past he deserves a little more credit. I think he has a chance at least.

Cotto's chances shouldn't be dismissed because of what happened with Oscar De La Hoya. Cotto is his own man, with his own style, with his own accomplishments.

huh?..he had success early?...he was knocked down in the 3rd round....i mean I guess he had success cause Pac wasnt fighting back int he first 2 rounds really, my guess was to gauge power....

look at the power shots...Landed Pac=276 Cotto=93

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
                  Miguel Cotto has never been outboxed.

how many great technical fighters has he faced? Many people thought Mosley & Clottey beat him & those guys are nowhere near great technical fighters..which furter validates my point that he has lost to and beat busted up by guys who arent great technical fighters who are slower and less defensive....imagine when hes infront of Mayweather

I mean for christ sakes Cottos first win vs a guy who was actually holding a TITLE at the time he fought them was Yuri Foreman....

Comment

• This fight will look more like the gatti fight. Cottos corner throws the towel in the 7th-9th rounds. I don't like this match up, never did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunks View Post
                      huh?..he had success early?...he was knocked down in the 3rd round....i mean I guess he had success cause Pac wasnt fighting back int he first 2 rounds really, my guess was to gauge power....

look at the power shots...Landed Pac=276 Cotto=93
                      Yes he did, absolutely. Watch the fight. Don't just look at stats. Don't tell me Cotto wasn't giving Pac all he could handle early on. Like I stated, once Pacquiao's power & pressure got to him he was broken down. However, he was not outclassed skill-wise by any means.

& I would rather look at the actual power shots than numbers representing the power shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X