No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    He responded to each beating with a succession of wins, your point?

I certainly wasn't discrediting Pac's choice of Miguel. Perhaps the demand of a CW, but that was the extent of it. Are we NEVER to expect a fighter to ever lose? It just doesn't make sense.

Why should Canelo or JCC ever step up and take a meaningful fight if then their entire future would be irrelevant.

Who was Pac supposed to fight at that point anyways that is better than Cotto? Shane Mosley? The same Mosley that lost to Cotto, three years prior? IF he had fought Mosley, people would have said that he ducked Cotto. And around and around we go with the same BS.

And alot older is subjective as well. Cotto is 31, Floyd is 35.

Floyd could have easily said come down to 147, but he's electing to fight him at a weight that'll ensure that he A). gets credit and B). actually allows Miguel a fighting chance. I respect that.
    May style of fighting will likely allow him to fight over 40. He just doesn't get hit that much.. Hence, he is still a fresh fighter..

It's not only age that matters. You have to consider the fighting style how he was badly beaten.. etc etc..

Cotto is already damaged goods. Right now he is a Blown up 154 where he is actually a natural welterweight who just aged to higher weight coz that's what old men have deal with when you age you gain more weight. All it says is that Cotto is Old.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I've said neither fight is that good, but cotto certainly has proven more than canelo has that's for sure.

slim pickings right now at 147, that's the real problem.
      For Floyd, it's slim from 140-154. Nobody beats him here. He would have to move up to MW and fight Martinez.

Comment

• i know floyd's options were limited but, siiigh @ cotto. really glad it wasn't saul alvarez though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
          I agree with what ur sayen...i just dont think its fair to say Cotto is done untill he has absolutly shown he cant recover....after both those losses he went on to win good matches or semi good lol....untill again he loses couple times in row to non legit opponents i dont think its fair to call him washed..
          A big maybe, all I'm saying a prime Cotto would have given Floyd fix but at present if you're saying he ain't that washed -up. At present sit, Cotto of now won't be enough to beat Floyd.

This fight is just for entertainment. We all know who will win, but hoping Cotto pulls a shocker but rather unlikely..

Again a prime Cotto would have had a chance, this version won't.

Comment

• Look at the fookin tags........ Lmaaaooooo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Grant Sawyer State Building, Las Vegas - The opponent is set for May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During a hearing to obtain his boxing license in the state of Nevada, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) announced his next opponent, WBA junior middleweight king Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs), to the members of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

[Click Here To Read More]
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....................told you guys. I knew it.....he knew that Canelo was too big, too strong, too young, and too hungry to fight. Cotto presents everything that Floyd looks for in an opponent: perceived to be semi-washed up, big money PPV fighter who has a big following in the states so Floyd can fight in Vegas, plus he can drain Cotto down for a fight at either a catchweight or 147. Floyd is so transparent......I was going to give him credit for fighting Canelo but I knew, just knew that Cotto fit the profile to a T.

I think Cotto is going to push Floyd though.....it'll be a close fight.

Comment

• Didn't Mayweather say he did not want to fight Cotto because people would say he is fighting Pac leftovers?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....................told you guys. I knew it.....he knew that Canelo was too big, too strong, too young, and too hungry to fight. Cotto presents everything that Floyd looks for in an opponent: perceived to be semi-washed up, big money PPV fighter who has a big following in the states so Floyd can fight in Vegas, plus he can drain Cotto down for a fight at either a catchweight or 147. Floyd is so transparent......I was going to give him credit for fighting Canelo but I knew, just knew that Cotto fit the profile to a T.

the fight is at 154

Comment

PLease, stop it.

Comment

Horrible logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X