No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    I suggest you watch it again, this time with your eyes open (it helps). Lol jk, but srs, a few hooks to the body did land.

i've noticed floyd fans think bodyshots dont dont count on floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by ANIMOSITY View Post
      He has a great D for body shots (and head) but there is no denying plenty got through, especially with the right hand.

I guess it shows Floyd puts in the ground work, does his sit ups ect and is really just well conditioned that he took them without too much fuss though

They still score though and i bet he felt them, he probably still is today!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        He has a great D for body shots (and head) but there is no denying plenty got through, especially with the right hand.

I guess it shows Floyd puts in the ground work, does his sit ups ect and is really just well conditioned that he took them without too much fuss though

floyd mayweather has an iron body, much like a prime roy jones who even to this day i think wtf when see'ing tarver unleashing them hooks to the body as jones sits back on the ropes

Comment

floyd mayweather has an iron body, much like a prime roy jones who even to this day i think wtf when see'ing tarver unleashing them hooks to the body as jones sits back on the ropes
          Pitty Roy's chin didnt hold up like his body by that point....

God i miss Roy Jones, the REAL Roy Jones not this impostor roaming around losing to the Ledbev's of the world we have today....

Comment

I thought it was a real close fight on Saturday and Cotto was at his very best. By being at his best he forced Mayweather into going up a gear and proving that as well as being a sharp clever defensive fighter he is a tough, gritty and determined one too. Like i said i thought it was real close Floyd knows it too, he has said Cotto was his toughest ever foe. But that dont detract from Floyd IMO it only proves how good Miguel is or at very least was on this given night. THAT Cotto would beat Pacquaio. Im sure of it. And the closeness of the fight hasnt changed my opinion on Mayweather vs Pacquaio at all - Floyd wins! Manny has his strengths and a lot of em but he isnt good against counterpunchers and they dont come better than Mayweather....
            It was the same Miguel i saw on this fight and on the early rounds with his Pac fight until he got hit solid by Pac...and that's when everything deteriorated for Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
              It was the same Miguel i saw on this fight and on the early rounds with his Pac fight until he got hit solid by Pac...and that's when everything deteriorated for Cotto.
              Id have to disagree, i thought he was sharper against Floyd and quicker too. He was a bit more reckless vs Manny and it cost him big - u dont trade with Pacquaio.

Obviously u then have the weight issue and perhaps more importantly a lack of confidence having recently lost in brutal fashion to Margarito and having that tough close fight with Clottey. And that "trainer".... Please!

Pacquaio is great. No question. But i think the cat is out of the bag in terms of beating him stylistically, Cotto and Diaz will have seen this and i believe are capable of executing the correct game plan to grab the W if they fought again now.

Comment

Id have to disagree, i thought he was sharper against Floyd and quicker too. He was a bit more reckless vs Manny and it cost him big - u dont trade with Pacquaio.

Obviously u then have the weight issue and perhaps more importantly a lack of confidence having recently lost in brutal fashion to Margarito and having that tough close fight with Clottey. And that "trainer".... Please!

Pacquaio is great. No question. But i think the cat is out of the bag in terms of beating him stylistically, Cotto and Diaz will have seen this and i believe are capable of executing the correct game plan to grab the W if they fought again now.
                I disagree with all except the "trainer" part...

Comment

• Am I the only person that wants a Cotto-Mayweather II???

*slaps the wall* PUT THEM BACK IN THE DOG HOUSE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                    Am I the only person that wants a Cotto-Mayweather II???

*slaps the wall* PUT THEM BACK IN THE DOG HOUSE!!
                    Haha hell yeah lets get it on again!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

Ya, cotto did some good body work. I think in the 6th round, or somewhere around there, cotto landed some vicious left hooks to the body. My respect for floyd has definitely gone up, i used to be a hater, but more and more he is making it harder to hate on him (in the ring atleast lol)

Comment

Working...
                      X