Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighter out of these have the worst resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
    Well done on research and all, but you still fail to realize my point. I'm not comparing them to Wladimir. I'm simply saying Wlad does not have the weakest resume' on that list. I can't dispute your lists as I don't know what those fighters were ranked at the times they fought Ali and Louis but I can tell you the only reason I even know most of those guys names are because they did face Ali and Louis. The rankings you show sound a little high and maybe that shows the state of the division ay thos era's as well. Not because they were truly great fighters or anything. I don't see anyone on that list who definitely beats both Klitschko's if that means anything. But nice try.

Guys like Alejandro Lavorante, Doug Jones, Karl Mildenberger, Jerry Quarry, Joe Bugner, Chuck Wepner, Jimmy Young, Leon Spinks wouldn't even be in the top 25 today. I won't even touch on Louis' record. No need to.
    Yeah they would especially Young and Quarry, but you've obviously never seen them, and I'd favor Young over Wlad, also just out of curiosity who do you think has a weaker resume than Wlad?

Comment

Well done on research and all, but you still fail to realize my point. I'm not comparing them to Wladimir. I'm simply saying Wlad does not have the weakest resume' on that list. I can't dispute your lists as I don't know what those fighters were ranked at the times they fought Ali and Louis but I can tell you the only reason I even know most of those guys names are because they did face Ali and Louis. The rankings you show sound a little high and maybe that shows the state of the division ay thos era's as well. Not because they were truly great fighters or anything. I don't see anyone on that list who definitely beats both Klitschko's if that means anything. But nice try.

Guys like Alejandro Lavorante, Doug Jones, Karl Mildenberger, Jerry Quarry, Joe Bugner, Chuck Wepner, Jimmy Young, Leon Spinks wouldn't even be in the top 25 today. I won't even touch on Louis' record. No need to.
      thats outrageous. a light heavyweight like Tomas Adamek can be #4 in the division, while Jerry Quarry couldnt? the #3 in the division arguably should have lost to someone that got a gift over a 45+ year old Holyfield.

ridiculous. if anything todays HW era is terrible, and Im just trying to be objective with you.

and by your same logic, no one that either Klitschko beat comes close to beating anyone on this list. doesnt mean their records are **** either.

you just think theye garbage because you have no idea who they were. just as no one will recongnise guys like Brock, Johnson, etc on the Klitschko brothers list in ten years, but Im still going to give them credit for the wins.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Yeah they would especially Young and Quarry, but you've obviously never seen them, and I'd favor Young over Wlad, also just out of curiosity who do you think has a weaker resume than Wlad?
        They were small and one dimensional. No better than a modern day David Tua. Wlad and Vitali would make easy work of either in my opinion. All Quarry had was a good left hook. Tommy Morrison had more in the kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          thats outrageous. a light heavyweight like Tomas Adamek can be #4 in the division, while Jerry Quarry couldnt? the #3 in the division arguably should have lost to someone that got a gift over a 45+ year old Holyfield.

ridiculous. if anything todays HW era is terrible, and Im just trying to be objective with you.

and by your same logic, no one that either Klitschko beat comes close to beating anyone on this list. doesnt mean their records are **** either.

you just think theye garbage because you have no idea who they were. just as no one will recongnise guys like Brock, Johnson, etc on the Klitschko brothers list in ten years, but Im still going to give them credit for the wins.
          I've seen several of the fighters Ali fought including the fights with them and they did nothing special. They were too small to live in todays heavyweight division I'm afraid. Let alone beat a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
            What fighter out of these have the worst resume?

Joe Louis
            Cassius Clay
            George Foreman
            Joe Frazier
            Rocky Marciano
            Larry Holmes
            Mike Tyson
            Evander Holyfield
            Lennox Lewis
            Wladimir Klitchko
            It's Marciano hands down. Wlad beat some good young fighters in convicing faction, Marciano beat 137 year old Louis and only a third of his opponents came off wins when he fought them. Learn your history kids, Wladimir is actually pretty good considering this era, he's at least par with Tyson if not better IMO.

Comment

How is anyone gonna put wlad above marciano? At least he fought some kind of opposition, even if they were faded.

Wlad has fought nobody. Absolutely nobody.

Comment

They were small and one dimensional. No better than a modern day David Tua. Wlad and Vitali would make easy work of either in my opinion. All Quarry had was a good left hook. Tommy Morrison had more in the kitty.
                Oh okay thanks for letting me know I was dealing with a special kid.

Its clear you either don't know what the **** your watching or you've never seen them fight, I would break down their skillsets but its obvious there would be no point, ****ing ****** child.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Oh okay thanks for letting me know I was dealing with a special kid.

Its clear you either don't know what the **** your watching or you've never seen them fight, I would break down their skillsets but its obvious there would be no point, ****ing ****** child.
                  Hey, **** you. I think your stupid too because you have an alternate opinion as well douche bag *****.

Comment

Wlad/Marciano.

Comment

LOL at the guys who said marciano

you guys must be vegetarians or something

it's Wladimir for the loss and nobody comes close

close fight with sam peter
                      and three stoppage losses..

yeah, he's put together a good run
                      and his resume might not really outline his greatness (he is a great boxer, along with the rest of those men)

but his resume in this context isnt as impressive as his counterparts

Comment

Working...
                      X