Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Mosley: Showtime To Pull Away Pay-Per-View?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether people hate Pacquiao or hate the fight itself, you must admit this is good for the sport. Fans should embrace the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DOGS View Post
      Mayweather's meltdown would reach critical levels if Pacquaio has a 24/7 on CBS.
      24/7 is a HBO series buddy...keep dreaming..

Comment

Originally posted by MissDeeCole View Post
        the fight would definitely double or triple it. You have possibly a million people buying it on pay per view give or take. How many more are going to watch it for free? Even if not one more single person watched it for free, the PPV buying audience alone, it would still double a show that normally airs in that time, like NCIS or Medium. it wouldn't be replacing American idol. on free tv id estimate something in the 4.0-5.0 range. UFC Specials and reality shows do around 2.0 on a network like sp.ike TV, so maybe im even underestimating. my point is it would do enormous ratings
        maybe i need to say it slower. they are not talking about putting the fight on network tv. just discussing putting on a 24/7-like show.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that it's a very strong possibility that Showtime will snatch away the Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley pay-per-view from their network rival, HBO. Pacquiao-Mosley takes place on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
          hahaha HBO didnt want to front the bill for this bull **** fight, lmao....I dont blame them either. Mosley has lost 2 of his last PPV fights, they know he isnt marketable so what does bob have to do???

SHOWTIME...lmao...NO 24/7 lol..

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
            hahaha HBO didnt want to front the bill for this bull **** fight, lmao....I dont blame them either. Mosley has lost 2 of his last PPV fights, they know he isnt marketable so what does bob have to do???

Why do people keep saying this dumb statement?

HBO wants to host it, they will welcome it with open arms. It is Arum who's taking it to showtime. In a way to stick to HBO for turning down Cotto-Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Why do people keep saying this dumb statement?

HBO wants to host it, they will welcome it with open arms. It is Arum who's taking it to showtime. In a way to stick to HBO for turning down Cotto-Vanes.

Yeah blame Cotto for the pac vs mosley fight being on showtime lmao. Pac last 5 fights have been on HBO showtime, so you do the math. HBO like the rest of the boxing fans are sick of seeing Pac pick his fighters that are coming off loses....They ARE"NT FRONTING THE BILL FOR THIS FIGHT...if they thought the fight was marketable trust me...they would welcome it with open arms, but its NOT!!!

face it bro...its SHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWTIME lol haha they should show it on friday night to spice it up

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Do you guys watch Survivor on CBS? They cuss on that show but beep it out and they would show someone drinking urine. Yall are acting like Pacquiao and Shane are dirty scumbags like Mayweaether and Marquez. You couldn't have 2 more different sets of people. Pacquiao and Shane are professionals and CBS can do things that 24/7 doesnt want to do.

And just think about how most of the most watched shows are on CBS like CSI and How I met your mother, Two and a half men.....Pacquiao vs Mosley fight camp 360 will easily do over 2.5 million per episode and if done well could on fight night outsell De la hoya / Mayweather. This is great for boxing cuz it puts the spotlight on the sport in a prime time nationwide channel. I think there should be boxing matches on regular t.v. every week like the other major sports.
                LMAO

You are a fkn ****** kid.

Comment

you have to think deeper than this bruh

this isn't just one fight from everything I hear this may shape the sport in a different manner. Bob is very good friends with execs in CBS and has been eyeing some type of involvement for years

this may just be the start

Comment

Yeah blame Cotto for the pac vs mosley fight being on showtime lmao. Pac last 5 fights have been on HBO showtime, so you do the math. HBO like the rest of the boxing fans are sick of seeing Pac pick his fighters that are coming off loses....They ARE"NT FRONTING THE BILL FOR THIS FIGHT...if they thought the fight was marketable trust me...they would welcome it with open arms, but its NOT!!!

face it bro...its SHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWTIME lol haha they should show it on friday night to spice it up
                    That is a far more likely scenario, but either way, no HBO and no 24/7.

But GBP/Arum don't mix, it wasn't going to stop there.

Comment

As popular as MMA is in the united states, their mma card of Fedor and Rogers got a 2.5 rating and was the 2nd lowest rated show among the 4 major networks.

Yes I know Manny is a superstar but MMA in the states is as popular as ever and if that can't break the bank for CBS then I highly doubt a fight with Manny and Mosley will. Best of luck to them though because I seriously hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X