Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Mosley: Showtime To Pull Away Pay-Per-View?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no profanity, commercials for those who don't have a DVR, shorter episodes because of commercials! sorry but I wasn't planning on watching this fight so I guess Showtime can have this one! they finally realized over at HBO that Mosley doesn't have a chance in hell to win this fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      Exactly. Though being on cbs would expose it to many more, we wouldn't get the raw stuff like marquez gulping down urine.........still my favorite moment in 24/7 history.

Pac is going to whip that you know what but I just hope mosley show's up. A one sided beating is not something most network viewers want to see. I know that network tv is what got mma banned in NY.

Overall though this is good news. I wonder if this is what arum was refering to when he said another network wanted in on boxing
      I thought it was Dibella for some reason who made that reference not Arum.

And, no this is not the network. It's still pretty much Showtime, CBS owns showtime. So basically the network has already been in the boxing business.

Comment

no way cbs puts this on during prime time. their prime time line-up is too highly ranked. much more likely to be on late-night saturday night. thus, the increase in viewership is minimal, if at all. still good for boxing to be have some presence on network tv.

Comment

Originally posted by kali08 View Post
          no profanity, commercials for those who don't have a DVR, shorter episodes because of commercials! sorry but I wasn't planning on watching this fight so I guess Showtime can have this one! they finally realized over at HBO that Mosley doesn't have a chance in hell to win this fight!
          No, HBO hasn't realized anything. It wasn't HBO decision. HBO wanted this fight, Arum just screwed them over and is trying to stick to them, for turning down Cotto-Vanes, by moving not only the 2nd biggest cash cow in boxing(Cotto) but also the biggest cash cow and most popular fighter to the rival network across the street(Pac).

Note: not counting Floyd because in reality he's irrelevant to the sport right now. There is no talks on when or if he will fight again. So until there are talks of him getting in the ring then there is no need to mention it.

If HBO wants to fight back they should host a triple header on the date, May 7, for free. JMM-Morales, Guerrero-Katsidis, and Alvarez. It will be a Cinco de Mayo weekend and it will take away some buyers from the Pac-Mosley event.

Comment

Originally posted by ptw1 View Post
            no way cbs puts this on during prime time. their prime time line-up is too highly ranked. much more likely to be on late-night saturday night. thus, the increase in viewership is minimal, if at all. still good for boxing to be have some presence on network tv.
            you must not know much about television. if CBS wouldnt want to air this, fear of having less viewers would not be a reason. a pacquiao-mosley fight on CBS in primetime would double any rating one of their TV shows would normally get. Maybe triple.

Comment

Do you guys watch Survivor on CBS? They cuss on that show but beep it out and they would show someone drinking urine. Yall are acting like Pacquiao and Shane are dirty scumbags like Mayweaether and Marquez. You couldn't have 2 more different sets of people. Pacquiao and Shane are professionals and CBS can do things that 24/7 doesnt want to do.

And just think about how most of the most watched shows are on CBS like CSI and How I met your mother, Two and a half men.....Pacquiao vs Mosley fight camp 360 will easily do over 2.5 million per episode and if done well could on fight night outsell De la hoya / Mayweather. This is great for boxing cuz it puts the spotlight on the sport in a prime time nationwide channel. I think there should be boxing matches on regular t.v. every week like the other major sports.
              Last edited by Check_hooks; 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                No, HBO hasn't realized anything. It wasn't HBO decision. HBO wanted this fight, Arum just screwed them over and is trying to stick to them, for turning down Cotto-Vanes, by moving not only the 2nd biggest cash cow in boxing(Cotto) but also the biggest cash cow and most popular fighter to the rival network across the street(Pac).

Note: not counting Floyd because in reality he's irrelevant to the sport right now. There is no talks on when or if he will fight again. So until there are talks of him getting in the ring then there is no need to mention it.

If HBO wants to fight back they should host a triple header on the date, May 7, for free. JMM-Morales, Guerrero-Katsidis, and Alvarez. It will be a Cinco de Mayo weekend and it will take away some buyers from the Pac-Mosley event.
                heres someone who has a clue

Comment

ur mistaken. first, they're not talking about putting the fight on cbs, just a 24/7 like show. also, no way would this fight "maybe triple", much less get, the ratings of the top prime time shows. don't assume the rest of the country shares our love of the sport.

Comment

ur mistaken. first, they're not talking about putting the fight on cbs, just a 24/7 like show. also, no way would this fight "maybe triple", much less get, the ratings of the top prime time shows. don't assume the rest of the country shares our love of the sport.
                    the fight would definitely double or triple it. You have possibly a million people buying it on pay per view give or take. How many more are going to watch it for free? Even if not one more single person watched it for free, the PPV buying audience alone, it would still double a show that normally airs in that time, like NCIS or Medium. it wouldn't be replacing American idol. on free tv id estimate something in the 4.0-5.0 range. UFC Specials and reality shows do around 2.0 on a network like sp.ike TV, so maybe im even underestimating. my point is it would do enormous ratings

Comment

True...But these regular viewers doesn't have to love the sport. All they have to do is love Pacquiao....CBS can easily spin the tale of the rags to riches, religious fighting congressman and viewers will be enthralled...Alot of them will be very captivated to the point that they will indeed purchase the PPV...This is ****ing huge...CBS can reach 115 million homes...HBO only has 28 million....Even if 1% of the total CBS viewers purchase the fight, that's still 1.15 million buys! Now let our imagine run and think it will do 2%...Wow...just wow....;P

Hardcore fights may not like the fight...but they have to love what this does for boxing as a whole...;P

Comment

Working...
                      X