Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Mosley: Showtime To Pull Away Pay-Per-View?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
    Yeah blame Cotto for the pac vs mosley fight being on showtime lmao. Pac last 5 fights have been on HBO showtime, so you do the math. HBO like the rest of the boxing fans are sick of seeing Pac pick his fighters that are coming off loses....They ARE"NT FRONTING THE BILL FOR THIS FIGHT...if they thought the fight was marketable trust me...they would welcome it with open arms, but its NOT!!!

face it bro...its SHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWTIME lol haha they should show it on friday night to spice it up
    LMAO

HBO would buy pacquiao fighting anybody, same goes for floyd. cause they make them money

i don't know where you get the idea that HBO is the one rejecting pacquiao-mosley. they'd take that fight in a heart beat.

i don't like pacquiao-mosley as much of the next guy but use your godamn common sense before you spew ******ed shit around here

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      No, HBO hasn't realized anything. It wasn't HBO decision. HBO wanted this fight, Arum just screwed them over and is trying to stick to them, for turning down Cotto-Vanes, by moving not only the 2nd biggest cash cow in boxing(Cotto) but also the biggest cash cow and most popular fighter to the rival network across the street(Pac).

Note: not counting Floyd because in reality he's irrelevant to the sport right now. There is no talks on when or if he will fight again. So until there are talks of him getting in the ring then there is no need to mention it.

If HBO wants to fight back they should host a triple header on the date, May 7, for free. JMM-Morales, Guerrero-Katsidis, and Alvarez. It will be a Cinco de Mayo weekend and it will take away some buyers from the Pac-Mosley event.
      Wow... in a perfect world. That would be great to see HBO flex some muscle.

Comment

Showtime is only good when Gus Johnson is commentating

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Or are forced by higher ups in the network to start getting better value on their dollar.
          that's also good for boxing bro, i really hope that whatever happens the fans win...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Arum has made threats about doing this, and he has been kind of upset on HBO dealings. I think the whole Cotto-Vanes situation did it. I think if HBO would have picked Cotto-Vanes then Pac-Mosley would have been on HBO. But, since they didn't I think this is Arum giving HBO the big "F U" and trying to stick it to HBO.
            Yep, good call, that pretty much looks like the case.....
            http://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pac...g-smash--35038

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              LMAO

HBO would buy pacquiao fighting anybody, same goes for floyd. cause they make them money
              Floyd and Manny fight EXCLUSIVELY on PPV.

Please explain how a cable network "buys" a PPV fight.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X