Imagine Terry Norris vs Floyd Mayweather at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Prime Norris was never a welterweight.
    Right. He was hardly a welterweight at all.

Comment

i try to imagine it, then I can't because floyd would never ever step up to take that fight, (both ways, up in weight cuz norris was a 154er, or actually get in the ring with him)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
        Why was that? why does everyone eventually abandon it against floyd? That quick counter is an effective tool
        I highly doubt that Mayweathers right counter discouraged Oscar from jabbing lol it was Oscar slowing down in the second half of the fight the way he always did in the latter part of his career.

Comment

Pacquiao vs JC Chavez at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            i try to imagine it, then I can't because floyd would never ever step up to take that fight, (both ways, up in weight cuz norris was a 154er, or actually get in the ring with him)
            ^^^^^^^this.

At 147 I believe Norris can be as potent as his optimal jr MW reign, though he might never be at his prime at WW. And no Floyd hater here, but I think and doubt he'll step in the ring with him. Norris' also a beast at training, relentless sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
              ^^^^^^^this.

At 147 I believe Norris can be as potent as his optimal jr MW reign, though he might never be at his prime at WW. And no Floyd hater here, but I think and doubt he'll step in the ring with him. Norris' also a beast at training, relentless sparring.
              What makes you think this? He was only a WW at the beginning of his career when he was still fighting tomato cans.

Comment

What makes you think this? He was only a WW at the beginning of his career when he was still fighting tomato cans.
                I just realized TS made it at 147.

And Norris barely had any fights at 147.

But for Junior Middleweight fights, he weighed a lot lower than the 154 limit. An indication that he could have made 147 without much trouble.

He also fought Taylor at a catchweight of 150.5 and officially weighed 149.

Could he have been just as effective at 147? Who knows? But the possibility of Norris being a beast at 147 is not far-fetched at all.

Comment

This seems like an unfair question, huh? Norris wasn't a 147 fighter, at least not at his best.

Comment

Prime Norris was never a welterweight.
                    Terry Norris was not a big 154 pounder, he said after the Taylor fight he could make 147.

Comment

Biggest problem Norris could have imo, is if he came out with that destroyer attitude and trying to load up and hurt Mayweather, that's not the way to beat Mayweather, connecting will suffice, if Norris were to fight this way, could get outboxed in spells.

If Norris just concentrated on the jab, used his speed instead of the power, put him combination's together, he would give Mayweather hell.

Norris's combination punching would negate Mayweather's shoulder roll, simply because he would throw combination's at speed to the point where Mayweather wouldn't be able to find enough transitions for defense to offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X