No announcement yet.

Imagine Terry Norris vs Floyd Mayweather at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Terry Norris vs Floyd Mayweather at 147

These are real fantasy fights, everybody talks about the obvious Ali v Tyson

but this is a legit fight. Great fight, great styles, great fighters

Even a current guy like Maidana vs Hatton at 140 ... WOW

Terrible Terry Norris would spark Floyd up!

Comment

Norris would have ripped his head off by round 10.

He had a great a jab, speed, power, movement, footwork, combinations, and that brutal straight right.

Norris would keep Floyd on the end of his jab and box him. Norris will open up once he finds his range. He's one of the best offensive fighters ever.

A fighters best shot against Norris is to knock him out and take advantage of his over-aggression. While Floyd can counter him, he doesn't have enough power to make Norris respect him. Norris does have a suspect chin, but Floyd's pot shots will just piss Norris off even more.

Floyd has never faced anyone as talented or someone with as many tools as Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
        Norris would have ripped his head off by round 10.

He had a great a jab, speed, power, movement, footwork, combinations, and that brutal straight right.

Norris would keep Floyd on the end of his jab and box him. Norris will open up once he finds his range. He's one of the best offensive fighters ever.

A fighters best shot against Norris is to knock him out and take advantage of his over-aggression. While Floyd can counter him, he doesn't have enough power to make Norris respect him. Norris does have a suspect chin, but Floyd's pot shots will just piss Norris off even more.

Floyd has never faced anyone as talented or someone with as many tools as Norris.
        That's hilarious. That would be a recipe for disaster.

Terry norris was one of my all time favorites. I would pick him but probably because I would pull for him if this was real. He surely wasn't going to outbox floyd all night with his jab. He might stop floyd though

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          These are real fantasy fights, everybody talks about the obvious Ali v Tyson

but this is a legit fight. Great fight, great styles, great fighters

Even a current guy like Maidana vs Hatton at 140 ... WOW

imagine MP or FMJ vs Kostya Tszyu at 140.....now those are fantasy matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Terry norris was one of my all time favorites. I would pick him but probably because I would pull for him if this was real. He surely wasn't going to outbox floyd all night with his jab. He might stop floyd though

I think Terrible Norris who beat Beast Mugabi at that prime would outbox Floyd all night, if not all night, he would do so in the earlier rounds when he KOs Floyd.

Terry also my fave fighter growin' up.

Comment

I didn't say all night, I meant initially.

Look at the next sentence.

And Norris would outbox Floyd at least in the early rounds, till Floyd adjusts.

Then Norris will just proceed to finishing off Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

I think Terrible Norris who beat Beast Mugabi at that prime would outbox Floyd all night, if not all night, he would do so in the earlier rounds when he KOs Floyd.

Terry also my fave fighter growin' up.
                Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                I didn't say all night, I meant initially.

Look at the next sentence.

And Norris would outbox Floyd at least in the early rounds, till Floyd adjusts.

Then Norris will just proceed to finishing off Floyd.
                I'm not disagreeing that norris may win or stop floyd, my point was the jab would be a mistake. Little floyd's reflex counter right off the jab is one of the best weapons in the sport. It changes everything. Terrible terry would have to go another route

Comment

I'm not disagreeing that norris may win or stop floyd, my point was the jab would be a mistake. Little floyd's reflex counter right off the jab is one of the best weapons in the sport. It changes everything. Terrible terry would have to go another route
                  I love that Floyd right hand counter, but Norris had one of the best jabs I've ever seen. Way better than De la Hoya's. And Norris' boxing skills were no joke either.

I think it will take at least a few rounds before Floyd can adjust and make that jab obsolete. I'm not saying Norris will rely on that jab all night.

The route I believe Norris will take is the KO/TKO route, but that's not to say I don't believe Norris' jab will not be effective early on.

Once Floyd adjusts, so will Norris. And then the real beating will begin. I feel Norris has the style to handle slick fighters.

Comment

man please---terry norris imo is one of the classiest boxers to have ever lived--no doubt--he would give floyd stiff competition and would win rounds against him imo, but floyd is faster than terry and terry, although he moved well, got tagged and his chin was fishy---floyd has better timing with his counter shots also--but terry was nice as
                    ****, i must admit---

Comment

Working...
                    X