HBO Screws Arum and Cotto, Arum Threatens To Screw Them Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fearless Angel View Post
    we'll see......
    Actually, if they do piss Arum off you right, Arum will not do a independent PPV with Pac but might walk across the street with showtime. And, HBO will be fucked.

But, I still doubt it though. But, who knows?

Comment

HBO is probably sick and tired of "In House Fights" and him only matching up his own fighters...FUK Bob Arum and Top Rank!

Martinez is currently #3 P4P and was the 2010 Fighter Of The Years...So HBO Made The Right Choice!

Hopefully HBO does this more and stop all the BS that is going on in boxing and try to force these Promoters hands a lot more in 2011 and make them give the fans the match ups they WANT! So Vanes is a bigger draw then someone like Berto??? I DON'T THINK SO! Vanes hasn't done ****! He just so happen to be with Top Rank just like Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Martinez is 35 already so I don't know how much his brand will grow. And, his opponent is TBA, so we don't even know what type of opponent he will be fighting.

If he fights Dzinziruk or Pirog then HBO making the right move. However, if he fights a lesser fight. Then I don't know how anybody can justify that move. And, HBO would get disappointed because they won't receive the ratings that a Cotto will bring which will hurt in the long run.
        i think hbo has decided that they have to put their foot down somehow. arums been outta control lately. its true. he's really keeping his fighters away from dangerous fights so that he can cash in on his own big fights.

i think the point is hbo wanted martinez matched up with cotto. martinez deserves that fight more than any name out right now, so hbo just put their foot down. they might take a loss but from a strategic pov, i cant blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          They skipped the part about how HBO was pushing for Cotto vs Martinez. And Cotto vs Berto.

Both were rejected.

So boo hoo if HBO doesn't want Cotto vs Vanes.

^^^^^^^

yep.

Comment

Screw Arum. And what can he do without HBO? Nothin. F him. Sack up and take the fights HBO wants, and not just your in house **** that is killing the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              HBO is probably sick and tired of "In House Fights" and him only matching up his own fighters...FUK Bob Arum and Top Rank!

Martinez is currently #3 P4P and was the 2010 Fighter Of The Years...So HBO Made The Right Choice!

Hopefully HBO does this more and stop all the BS that is going on in boxing and try to force these Promoters hands a lot more in 2011 and make them give the fans the match ups they WANT! So Vanes is a bigger draw then someone like Berto??? I DON'T THINK SO! Vanes hasn't done ****! He just so happen to be with Top Rank just like Cotto
              I argree. Berto may be a hype job for all we know. But he's undefeated and has good power and there seems to be a reason why Arum won't put Cotto in with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                I argree. Berto may be a hype job for all we know. But he's undefeated and has good power and there seems to be a reason why Arum won't put Cotto in with him.
                The reason is obvious, Pacquiao - Cotto 2.

Comment

Bob is a vindictive prick. Why is he surprised?.....HBO would have paid alot more for Berto or Martinez vs Cotto, but Bob being the **** he is simply doesn't want to let anyone co-promote or get any slice of the pie other than him.

Vanes vs Cotto

OR

Berto vs Cotto

Martinez vs Cotto

Which fights are better? HBO is trying to make some good fights, something they haven't done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    i think hbo has decided that they have to put their foot down somehow. arums been outta control lately. its true. he's really keeping his fighters away from dangerous fights so that he can cash in on his own big fights.

i think the point is hbo wanted martinez matched up with cotto. martinez deserves that fight more than any name out right now, so hbo just put their foot down. they might take a loss but from a strategic pov, i cant blame them.
                    At the end of the day they will take a lost. And, they're hurting and people do not want to realize it but boxing doesn't have a strong grip on HBO...They not getting the ratings they want. And, if there is no boxing on HBO the sport will suffer more.

A lot of people are saying they putting their foot down...No, is not about taking a stand is doing right for the fans. They could of had a double header with both. HBO will bend over and take it up the ass and distribute Pac-Mosley. So they're not trying to take a stand. They just trying to be cheap with their boxing budget. Because, they're not getting the ratings that they want. But, they're too stupid to realize that Cotto brings ratings.

You have a double header and you get the ratings that Cotto brings plus you get to push Martinez. You get the best of both worlds. If you have both Cotto and Martinez on a double header is a way to build up for a potential Cotto-Martinez for later in the year.

And, lol @ Arum been out of control lately...WTF has he done to be out of control? Promote the hell out of their fighters when every other promoter is looking for a handout.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      At the end of the day they will take a lost. And, they're hurting and people do not want to realize it but boxing doesn't have a strong grip on HBO...They not getting the ratings they want. And, if there is no boxing on HBO the sport will suffer more.

A lot of people are saying they putting their foot down...No, is not about taking a stand is doing right for the fans. They could of had a double header with both. HBO will bend over and take it up the ass and distribute Pac-Mosley. So they're not trying to take a stand. They just trying to be cheap with their boxing budget. Because, they're not getting the ratings that they want. But, they're too stupid to realize that Cotto brings ratings.

You have a double header and you get the ratings that Cotto brings plus you get to push Martinez. You get the best of both worlds. If you have both Cotto and Martinez on a double header is a way to build up for a potential Cotto-Martinez for later in the year.

And, lol @ Arum been out of control lately...WTF has he done to be out of control? Promote the hell out of their fighters when every other promoter is looking for a handout.
                      Where to even start with this one...

Comment

Working...
                      X