No announcement yet.

Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
    To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.
    i think floyd buys his own paperview to the world so he would look good,and this fukin guy is gay

Comment

I don't agree with people turning away from Pacquiao's style, after all, most people would rather see that. Me, I prefer to watch Floyd for the same reasons you pointed out.

Comment

To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.
        When i was a teenager and wanted to get friends interested in boxing they showmen like Prince Naseem, KO fighters like Tyson, they found Ali boring, and didnt appreciate slick boxers at all.

There is no drama with Floyd. Non-boxing fans dont understand what they are looking at when the see Floyd box.
        I know someone who thought Baldomir was easily beating Floyd.

People want action.

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
        This is obvious.......Mayweather is the PPV king and has sold more PPV's than Manny vs common opponents....

Floyd is sooooo boring and he runs sooooo much that more people buy his PPV's than the exciting Manny Pacquiao

I believe non-boxing people tune in to watch Floyd over Pac because Floyd is a brash, gobby American who is the closest thing we have to an Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard.
        Some want to see if his opponent will offer a decent challenge, or maybe even beat him.

Whereas Pac is a pure fighter. If ur not a fight fan, why would u buy a PPV?

If he talked trash and had an appeal outside of being a just great fighter, he would get more PPV's.

Comment

Its the reason why he is called featherfisted.

Comment

Mayweather has been tough to watch ever since his first fight with Castillo. I could be wrong but ever since then he took his defense into a whole different level. I can greatly appreciate his skills and athleticism but when I shell out $50 for his ppv, I'm paying to see him get beat. If the purpose of boxing is to hit your opponent and not get hit back then they should bring in the head gear. The purpose of boxing his to fight with your fists -- plain and simple. Of course defense is important but to sit back on the ropes and shoulder roll for half the fight is crap. Mayweather has the quickness to dodge punches, like he shows in the middle of the ring, but his wannabe version of the rope-a-dope is cheap. He's fighting people at the same weight as himself and at times he's even taller than his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              daggum is being sarcastic.

calzaghe's tko of manfredo (like a lot in his career) was an early , unwarranted stoppage.

calzaghe was hitting pretty much gloves with an occassional clean shot.
              I got suckered? Good one daggum!

Comment

Most ppl i know find Mayweather boring...They are more into Pacquiaos style.

Comment

This is one of the gayest things I've read on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by memento126 View Post
                    Yep exactly. This guy must be delusional. Pac brings so much excitement into the ring that's why casual fans watch him and can't get enough of him. Most people watch Floyd because they wanna see him get his azz kicked. Most of his fights are boring technical fights especially last few years.
                    The PPV numbers of common opponents don't lie.

It's about educating the masses on the beautiful sport of boxing.

Comment

Floyd is a smart fighter and I think his skills are second to none,
                      Manny fights like a maniac and sometimes i want to see blood and guts to.

So I watch Both.

Comment

Working...
                      X