No announcement yet.

Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
    Don't mind me i don't know what the hell i'm talking about.

Fixed it for you.

Comment

It might be more familyfriendly but its certainly not more fan friendly. Casual fans get bored and frustrated with Floyds style

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Oh FFS's and of course Jiddu had to agree
        What do you expect? He'd suck Floyd's dick for free. Saying that Mayweather's fighting style TODAY is more casual fan friendly than Pacquiao's like saying that shit doesn't stink.

Comment

To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilized men try to render each other bloody and unconscious.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.
          no that exactly what the average fan want.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.
          no this is not what the average fans wants average fan don't notice his feints and counter-punching....all they see is a ballet dancer

pac is more fan friendly

Comment

To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.
            Yeah. Everyone loved the Baldy fight.

Comment

in fight venues, everytime the opposing fighters get into toe to toe confrontation or if somebody gets knocked out...people suddenly get on their feet and erupt in screaming appreciation. same thing even if they're just watching fights on tv. they start booing when fighters run inside the ring or refuse to fight in close range.

yeah casual fans spend their money to watch fights in fight venues or order ppvs while real boxing fans post in boxing forums and become internet warriours

Comment

Quite honestly,I've always found Manny "cherry" PICKuiao to be a pretty boring fighter.I can understand why others may like his style,but it just doesn't appeal to me.

I like boxers who actually pick their shots.You know,quality over quantity,precision over volume - that sort of thing,basically.

Comment

Compared to Pac, Floyd's fighting style is more friendly to his opponent, but not to the majority of fans.

Comment

mayweather sells more because he's american and nothing else. are you surprised americans support americans more than some guy from asia? you do know all the ppv stars have been americans don't you? tyson, delahoya, mayweather all american cept for pac.

if you go to germany they support wlad like crazy because he's a german citizen. if you go to canada they support bute and pascal because they are canadians. if you go to australia they support mundine and danny green. do you realize how hard it is to come from another country and be a star in america? especially when you barely speak english. this seems like common knowledge but some people...........

Comment

A lot of his sales are from those who want to see him lose

But they as well know Floyd will either win in a great looking fashion or lose in something that coulda gone either way

NO IN BETWEENS

Comment

Working...
                      X