Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can agree that Pacquiao's style, although agressive, is very limited and has no lasting appeal.

Mayweather is able to adapt and change his style and keep audiences guessing.

Comment

Pacquaio is a maniac at times, but also skillful aswell.

However the fans clearly love him, the best selling non American.

People love exciting fighters/wars.

Tyson > Lewis
      Jones > Hopkins
      Oscar > Floyd

Comment

Wasn't Floyd in the biggest selling PPV of all time.
        People still are talking about how exciting that fight was.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu$$yKiller View Post
          Pacquaio is a maniac at times, but also skillful aswell.

However the fans clearly love him, the best selling non American.

People love exciting fighters/wars.

Tyson > Lewis
          Jones > Hopkins
          Oscar > Floyd
          how is oscar > floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            I think we can agree that Pacquiao's style, although agressive, is very limited and has no lasting appeal.

Mayweather is able to adapt and change his style and keep audiences guessing.
            Guessing? Guessing when hes gonna put together some actual fuking offense!

Seriously you can call boxing the sweet science and dress it up all you want but it is still a bloodsport. People don't tune into NFL games to watch 3 yard gains and jump up and down on their feet going nuts because the defense made a routine stop. They cheer for big hits and touchdowns and thats hardcore and casual football fans alike. It's no diffrent in boxing! People want action, they want drama, they don't want an hour of two guys fainting at each other and throwing 16 non threatening punches a round.

And here is my proof! Every fighter that you can compare to Floyd jr and has a similar style is a non draw the diffrence here is Floyds mouth the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud 2 B Whyte View Post
              how is oscar > floyd?
              Ugh Oscar wasn't safety first all the time! he actually tried to KO opponents!

Comment

i enjoy watching both fight

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  Guessing? Guessing when hes gonna put together some actual fuking offense!

Seriously you can call boxing the sweet science and dress it up all you want but it is still a bloodsport. People don't tune into NFL games to watch 3 yard gains and jump up and down on their feet going nuts because the defense made a routine stop. They cheer for big hits and touchdowns and thats hardcore and casual football fans alike. It's no diffrent in boxing! People want action, they want drama, they don't want an hour of two guys fainting at each other and throwing 16 non threatening punches a round.

And here is my proof! Every fighter that you can compare to Floyd jr and has a similar style is a non draw the diffrence here is Floyds mouth the end.
                  Another ignorant view which reinforces the sterotype that boxing fans are uneducated.

Comment

I disagree. Mostly when I tell people I only watch boxing they say, yeah I like UFC some and I don't like boxing because they just dance around each other. Obviously that is not true even with fighters like Mayweather who are slick boxers. I like to watch Mayweather fight because I love boxing and he is a great fighter, but they are called fights and when you think of a fight you think of 2 guys wailing on each other. Everyone has different opinois but I think as far as fans as a whole go Mayweathers style is not as fan friendly as someone like Pacquiao.

Comment

so more people buy floyd's fights to see him lose than people paying to see manny win-lol

oh the irony---floyd is the biggest star in boxing, not manny---and it's still obvious and proven---floyd just outsold manny's highest grossing ppv bout when he fought shane---manny hasn't topped 1.4 million ppv buys, let alone coming close to 2.4 million ppv buys, and he will never come close until he fights floyd, the draw---not manny--

as far as their styles go, it's all about preference--manny is action packed--floyd is technically superior---manny's style is more fan friendly, no doubt about it--but you nevrr know with floyd because he'll land a punch that turns the place out--and he has done so---with this being noted, there's no way manny will ever come close to beating a floyd mayweather jr--no way possible--but he's an exciting fighter--no doubt about it--

Comment

Working...
                      X