Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Hopkins get suspected of being a PED user?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot believe you idiots are still consistently responding to a monkey who's been given a computer.

Comment

• all the more reasons for boxing to have a better testing system

so why is your dumbass against random blood testing again?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxorido View Post
        Wasn't Archie Moore still beating people when he was like 50? This was back in the 50's or 60's too. Hopkins doesn't look that good when he's fought in the last few years, it's obvious he's fighting age in there, along with his opponent. His skills and ring smarts help keep him in there, and help neutralize the other opponents offense. He obviously conserves the amount of punches thrown, and looks visibly gassed at times. Not to mention he takes opportunities for rest, by faking low blows etc. I honestly don't think he's on anything...just hard work and determination.

I'm just pointing out the double standard that exists.

Fans of a certain fighter are su****ious of a guy, who in his absolute physical prime, is doing incredible things in a boxing ring.

Wow. How can that be? I mean, the guy is dedicated to his lifes work, is never out of shape, has one of the best trainers in the world, and is at the top of his world.

My last paragraph could easily apply to both Manny and Bernard,

So, why does one catch flak, and the other praise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          all the more reasons for boxing to have a better testing system

so why is your dumbass against random blood testing again?
          I've never been against random blood testing, ever.

I'm against singling out fighters and making accusations against them with no absolute proof.

I'd love to see all fighters do random blood testing,

year round, which at this point,

nobody does.

How about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ikim322 View Post
            I cannot believe you idiots are still consistently responding to a monkey who's been given a computer.

So, why are you in here again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
              I'm just pointing out the double standard that exists.

Fans of a certain fighter are su****ious of a guy, who in his absolute physical prime, is doing incredible things in a boxing ring.

Wow. How can that be? I mean, the guy is dedicated to his lifes work, is never out of shape, has one of the best trainers in the world, and is at the top of his world.

My last paragraph could easily apply to both Manny and Bernard,

So, why does one catch flak, and the other praise?
              When you're on top, people are gonna be hating on you. That's a fact of life. What Manny has done is amazing, even if his opponents have been somewhat cherry picked. Manny beats his opponents with more athletic ability, his speed and explosiveness, rather than the ring savviness that Hopkins uses. Considering the athletic component, and the fact he's the pound for pound #1, that's why he gets more flack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                I've never been against random blood testing, ever.

I'm against singling out fighters and making accusations against them with no absolute proof.

I'd love to see all fighters do random blood testing,

year round, which at this point,

nobody does.

How about you?
                I don't think anybody is against better testing except for Manny Pacquiao fans out of competition testing is a huge improvement and as a fan you should never be against improving the testing system

if you cant even get some boxers to accept random testing during training camp and a huge fanbase support him for it why would you think anyone will accept year round testing

Comment

• Originally posted by maxorido View Post
                  When you're on top, people are gonna be hating on you. That's a fact of life. What Manny has done is amazing, even if his opponents have been somewhat cherry picked. Manny beats his opponents with more athletic ability, his speed and explosiveness, rather than the ring savviness that Hopkins uses. Considering the athletic component, and the fact he's the pound for pound #1, that's why he gets more flack.
                  I agree, but thats not really a reason to suspect someone of cheating now is it, especially when hes in his absolute physical prime?

Athletes are supposed be more complete in their sport at that time in their life.

Manny simply gets crucified by it from a segment of fans,

while Bernard just gets over looked for being extraordinary at a much later age.

Its quite odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I don't think anybody is against better testing except for Manny Pacquiao fans out of competition testing is a huge improvement and as a fan you should never be against improving the testing system

if you cant even get some boxers to accept random testing during training camp and a huge fanbase support him for it why would you think anyone will accept year round testing
                    What other fights have you demanded year round random drug testing for?

None.

As a fan, you should be for better testing for all fighters, not just one fight.

Anything less simply doesn't justify any reason to have it at all. I don't see any other sport that has this requirement that tests only a fraction of its competitors, so,

why should boxing?

Comment

• He takes care of himself. The guy doesn't drink, or smoke, trains on a daily basis, if you accuse him of taking PEDs I can accuse you of being a dumbass.

It's been proven that guys who don't drink and don't smoke end up having long careers. Hell, they end up having longer lives in general.

Comment

Working...
                      X