No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Crushes Paul Williams in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    please dude ,,those second and third fight with morales he couldn't make weight anymore,and pacquiao knew that,clottey? he had just lost to cotto,the point is this guy fights guys who had just lost or looked bad,and since "beating" marquez thats all he's fougth and since then he's considered the best,based on those victories after marquez,which is wrong
    Use some perspective at the very least.

Cotto vs Clottey = competitive
    Margarito vs Cotto = competitive
    Margarito vs Clottey= competitive

Pac vs all 3= dominated

All three of them were competitive with one another. When they faced Pac you saw the distance in talent, it's as simple as that. Why were those guys competitive with each other...but not with Pac?

Comment

please dude ,,those second and third fight with morales he couldn't make weight anymore,and pacquiao knew that,clottey? he had just lost to cotto,the point is this guy fights guys who had just lost or looked bad,and since "beating" marquez thats all he's fougth and since then he's considered the best,based on those victories after marquez,which is wrong
      What about the first fight with Morales? That doesn't count?

What about Barrera, you forgot about him. Or was he also a shell of himself at the time. Because if I remember correctly Barrera was on a streak at that time.

And Clottey, dude, alot of people to this day think Clottey won that fight against Cotto. So, right here and now, in two sentences, I proved that they weren't all "shells of themselves", and that it was more than just one fighter who was in his prime.

It seems like alot of Mexican fans are very biased on Manny.

Even though he's destroyed allot of Mexican fighters, you still have to give the man credit for his accomplishments.

Comment

Perhaps this outcome was the exact reason why Williams' handlers -- manager Al Haymon and promoter Dan Goossen -- had done everything they could to avoid the rematch until being essentially forced into it by HBO, which would not buy another fight involving Williams.

They dragged out the negotiations for months and left Martinez, promoter Lou DiBella and adviser Sampson Lewkowicz with the short end of the stick. They accepted the deal -- including being forced to fight at contract weight of 158 pounds instead of the division limit of 160 -- but they were not happy.

that looks more like he was pressured i guess is more of the correct word...yeah,he would fight anybody but after that first fight with martinez he really didn't want the rematch
        Paul Williams is Al Haymon's boy. Paul Williams didn't have to worry about having a cozy relationship with HBO, being associated with Haymon allows you that privilege.

Answer me this? When has Paul Williams ducked anyone? Has anyone called out Williams, and has Williams back down when called out.

Remember, Paul Williams fought in 3 divisions, 147, 154, and 160, just because there weren't too many people willing to fight him.

Paul Williams deserves credit for fighting the tough fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post

Pac vs all 3= dominated

All three of them were competitive with one another. When they faced Pac you saw the distance in talent, it's as simple as that. Why were those guys competitive with each other...but not with Pac?
          they were competitive with each other because none were beat up fighters,,,cotto had never lost when he faced margarito,he took a beating,then clottey hit him a lot too,margarito clottey was years ago,cotto clottey was competitive but please,both took a lot of shots,,,,,so there you have it,they were all softened up and nice and ready for pac,dont forget his catchweights which i think really affected cotto..you must be a huge pac fan if you don't realize this..and just look at who his next fight might be against,mosley,thats right,was his fight with mora any good? was he competitive against mayweather?

Comment

Pac vs all 3= dominated

because none of them are premiere fighters. Pac is.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
              Paul Williams is Al Haymon's boy. Paul Williams didn't have to worry about having a cozy relationship with HBO, being associated with Haymon allows you that privilege.

Answer me this? When has Paul Williams ducked anyone? Has anyone called out Williams, and has Williams back down when called out.

Remember, Paul Williams fought in 3 divisions, 147, 154, and 160, just because there weren't too many people willing to fight him.

Paul Williams deserves credit for fighting the tough fights.
              i'm not saying he never called out anybody,that guy wanted pavlik when pavlik was considered dangerous,i'm saying he really didn't want this rematch with sergio,thats all,he never ducked anybody before but he wasn't too crazy about this fight until hbo spoke up

Comment

they were competitive with each other because none were beat up fighters,,,cotto had never lost when he faced margarito,he took a beating,then clottey hit him a lot too,margarito clottey was years ago,cotto clottey was competitive but please,both took a lot of shots,,,,,so there you have it,they were all softened up and nice and ready for pac,dont forget his catchweights which i think really affected cotto..you must be a huge pac fan if you don't realize this..and just look at who his next fight might be against,mosley,thats right,was his fight with mora any good? was he competitive against mayweather?
                Pac was stopped early in his career. He also took a lot of shots from Marquez--twice. He allowed Clottey to come in and open up on him, as he had done with Cotto. He took their best punches and then had them from breakfast. He deserves credit for that. You know what weight Pac was fighting at when Margarito first started fighting at 147? I'm a Pac fan yes, but not in the way you think. I think his rise through weight classes rapidly and dominating naturally bigger fighters is ****ing impressive. He's only a been a welterweight for about 2 years, while Floyd has been one since 2005, and he's fought guys who were highly ranked, or held belts at one time or another and dominated all of them. That's all you can ask of a fighter. He performs his job, while other guys make excuses and have been at that weight (147) far longer than he has...period.

So then by virtue of your last comment, do you give Mayweather credit for beating Shane? When Shane had struggled badly with Mayorga?
                Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 11-21-2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Losing doesnt mean you get worse. Martinez lost to P.Wil, in case you forgot, and look what he just did..

Comment

And you are completely biased against Manny since you can barely give him any credit for any of his wins. If we go by your criteria very few fighters would get any props from you. According to your criteria, any fighter who has lost is a broken down, beaten, useless fighter, so any solid win would come against an undefeated fighter.

Your logic makes no sense.

You can't give credit to a fighter that has down something that no fighter in the history of the sport has done. And we're talking about 120 years here.

Just admit, you're biased against Manny.

Listen, I don't like Mayweather, I think he's an ******, and I think he's taken many soft touches in the past 8 years or so, but do I recognize the man's greatness and skill.

Comment

Pac was stopped early in his career. He also took a lot of shots from Marquez--twice. He allowed Clottey to come in and open up on him, as he had done with Cotto. He took their best punches and then had them from breakfast. He deserves credit for that. You know what weight Pac was fighting at when Margarito first started fighting at 147? I'm a Pac fan yes, but not in the way you think. I think his rise through weight classes rapidly and dominating naturally bigger fighters is ****ing impressive.

So then by virtue of your last comment, do you give Mayweather credit for beating Shane? When Shane had struggled badly with Mayorga?
                      yeah but mayweather fought him when shane was on a winning streak,pac will fight him,if he does,when mosley is on a losing streak,big difference...say what you want,but recently pac has been fighting guys who just lost or looked bad,,,so what if he took their best punches,they(opponents of pac) werent at their best. and if he does face shane,there can't possibly be any legitimate reason to say he is awesome for beating him,only thing good for that fight will be money

Comment

Working...
                      X