Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
    All the minorities here think Pavlik is a neo-Nazi because he's bald.
    I was actually going to bring this point up. Bhop can say whatever he wants. Pavlik has very white skin and he is bald, and I have seen numerous people on boxingscene call him a neo-nazi or say he is in the KKK.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      what would be an appropriate punishment for the stupid **** he says ?
      make him fight someone bigger with equal talent like pac does...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        You don't see what he's doing though? He's trying to get pacquiao/arum to fight his good friend shane mosley and trainer nazim. he's trying to get them paid. that's all he's really doing, trying to bait them, like he did floyd after the marquez fight.
        Would Nard even make money off that fight? I thought Mosley was going to fight Pacquiao under his promotional company.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Game- View Post
          Not really. Brock Lesnar said the same thing to Cain Velazquez before the fight that Mayweather said to Pac. No one really had a go at Brock
          link? first ive heard of this

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
            link? first ive heard of this
            I dont have the link but I have heard it talked about.

Brock basically said he would eat a Burito and a Corona after he beats Velazquez. The only difference between what Floyd and Brock said is that most people like Buritos and Mexican food in general.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
              "I would never let a whiteboy beat me"

"Listen this ain't a racial thing, but then again, maybe it is. But the style that is embedded in most us black fighters, that style could be a problem to any other style of fighting."

"Maybe I'm biased because I'm black"....

All Soapy quotes.

What would happen if Adamek or the Klitschko's said this, or how bout Pavlik?

And why doesn't the media and the people doing these interviews with this racist call him out on it?

Is this a clear double standard here or what?
              He does not get a pass. It is just taking a bit to get momentum. I think it also does not help that people expect that kind of boorish behavior from him. Gordon Gecko added another reason to it. No one seems to much care about him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Game- View Post
                I dont have the link but I have heard it talked about.

Brock basically said he would eat a Burito and a Corona after he beats Velazquez. The only difference between what Floyd and Brock said is that most people like Buritos and Mexican food in general.
                pfft come on thats not even close

i thought you meant he said "ill never let a mexican kid beat me" or something, if that were the case there would be big backlash and the UFC would probably suspend him
                Last edited by Toe Injury; 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
                  pfft come on thats not even close

i thought you meant he said "ill never let a mexican kid beat me" or something
                  Im reffering to people getting all upset at what Floyd said to Pac.

But have you heard of what Alan Minter said to Marvin Hagler when they faced each other....

Comment

yeah he said he wouldnt let a black man beat him same as hopkins.. except 30 years ago and he apologized repeatedly

you cant seriously think if minter was fighting today and said that hed be accepted the way hopkins is (by white fans nonetheless)
                    Last edited by Toe Injury; 11-19-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

oh yeah and:

Minter made the blatantly racist statement on the BBC that "no black man is going to take my title away". He later retracted this statement and said he meant "no man" is going to take my title away. Previously, Hagler refused to shake Minter's hand, claiming "I don't touch white flesh."

and minter was still getting flak for that as late as the mid 90s because the concept of a white man meeting an insult with an insult was outrageous

hagler will touch my fist with his ugly face
                      Last edited by Toe Injury; 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X