Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..One Thing Seems To Bother Me Most About Kotelnik-Alexander...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    He landed better punches every round than Froch did and more of them, Froch was the only person in that fight to get their head snapped back.

How one person fights has zero meaning on the score, the question is who is more effective. If you can't look beyond tactics you dislike you should not be scoring fights.

Even in ugly fights who is landing more better blows is the winner, and that was Dirrell in almost every round.

Kotelnik was the victim because Alexander threw way more punches, something Froch didn't even attempt, when the crowd goes crazy at everythign thrown it is tough to figure out exactly what lands from a judges point of view.

It was like the exact same situation but in reverse, and you ain't calling it like that.
    Right...Dirrell must've got that bloody nose and mouth from hitting the canvas un-aided so many times?

First you say every round, then "almost" every round"....lol. There were rounds in that fight where hardly anything landed and it was a punch or two that decided the round.

Whereas Kotelnik was outlanding Alexander clearly and cleanly.

Nowhere near the same situation but i guess we'll agree to disagree. I call it like i see it. Dirrell is actually one of my favourite fighters when hes on form (ie against Abraham). Now that was a dominant performance but he did nowhere near enough to cry robbery against Froch.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 11-17-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Right...Dirrell must've got that bloody nose and mouth from hitting the canvas un-aided so many times?

First you say every round, then "almost" every round"....lol. There were rounds in that fight where hardly anything landed and it was a punch or two that decided the round.

Whereas Kotelnik was outlanding Alexander clearly and cleanly.

Nowhere near the same situation but i guess we'll agree to disagree. I call it like i see it.
      You said it yourself it was a rough fight a bloody nose is not hard to come by~.

I don't think Dirrell sweept all 12 rounds and never said he did I said I though you could only give Froch 3, is 9 rounds not almost every? Fine Dirrrell won 75% of the rounds.

It is the same situation in two different fights, the fights were not a like the situations were. If you can see hw they are similar I don't know what to tell you other than you are not being truthful with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        You said it yourself it was a rough fight a bloody nose is not hard to come by~.

I don't think Dirrell sweept all 12 rounds and never said he did I said I though you could only give Froch 3, is 9 rounds not almost every? Fine Dirrrell won 75% of the rounds.

It is the same situation in two different fights, the fights were not a like the situations were. If you can see hw they are similar I don't know what to tell you other than you are not being truthful with yourself.
        Yep and Kotelnik was not in a rough fight because he dominated the fight. He was in total control.

The situations were only similar in that they each landed the cleaner punches. Dirrell landed nowhere near the same amount of clean punches as Kotelnik. He definitely didnt show sustained ring generalship. Judging by their faces, he didnt show as effective defense. If you cant tell the difference between the two fights, you must be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Yep and Kotelnik was not in a rough fight because he dominated the fight. He was in total control.

The situations were only similar in that they each landed the cleaner punches. Dirrell landed nowhere near the same amount of clean punches as Kotelnik. He definitely didnt show sustained ring generalship. Judging by their faces, he didnt show as effective defense. If you cant tell the difference between the two fights, you must be blind.
          Alexander also threw way more punches, which is why he won.

Froch did virtually nothing to try and win.

That is a big difference between the fight~, Dirrell looked fine to me he certainly wasn't that beat up to be making a big deal about it.

I wouldn't say you are blind just not looking at the right things while overlooking important ones.

Comment

You're too emotional. Kotelnik was robbed in broad daylight. The fight was entertaining because it was fun to watch a hypejob get literally undressed in his own hometown and knowing full well in the back of your mind that Kotelnik would end up being robbed.

Sure enough he did...

Comment

it was a close fight. wouldn't mind seeing the rematch.

Comment

Working...
              X