Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..One Thing Seems To Bother Me Most About Kotelnik-Alexander...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..One Thing Seems To Bother Me Most About Kotelnik-Alexander...

People forget to mention -- with all the robbery discussion that took place -- that the fight was pretty damn entertaining.

That's why the knee-jerk reactions of every close fight being a robbery bother me. Often times, when it's a good fight, the robbery accusations take away from the winner and loser more then the robbery would/will have.

Kotelnik is in no worse shape in boxing then he was before the fight. If anything, he gets the pity vote IN A CLOSE fight and will probably get a few more bigger money fights out of this. Alexander was hurt more, image wise, then either man.

At the end of the day, the fight was close. Could have gone either way. And I saw so many damn robbery posts, defensive posts and poll threads on these boards. Not saying these didn't exist, but I didn't see one thread that's main point was that it was a VERY good fight. Fast-pace, no real dull moments, between two quality fighters. Not the fight of the year, not a classic, but a quality fight.

Regardless, I scored it 114-114, a draw. I hope that these two fight again, actually.

It was a robbery. It was only entertaining because Alexander got completely outclassed in his hometown after all the hype

Comment

Good post man I agree....

Comment

alaxander is still a kid. people forget that he's only 23. kotelnik is a 32 year old veteran. devon has a lot more room for growth. i wonder what would happen in a rematch of kotelnik & him.
        Last edited by americanbot; 11-17-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
          People forget to mention -- with all the robbery discussion that took place -- that the fight was pretty damn entertaining.

That's why the knee-jerk reactions of every close fight being a robbery bother me. Often times, when it's a good fight, the robbery accusations take away from the winner and loser more then the robbery would/will have.

Kotelnik is in no worse shape in boxing then he was before the fight. If anything, he gets the pity vote IN A CLOSE fight and will probably get a few more bigger money fights out of this. Alexander was hurt more, image wise, then either man.

At the end of the day, the fight was close. Could have gone either way. And I saw so many damn robbery posts, defensive posts and poll threads on these boards. Not saying these didn't exist, but I didn't see one thread that's main point was that it was a VERY good fight. Fast-pace, no real dull moments, between two quality fighters. Not the fight of the year, not a classic, but a quality fight.

Regardless, I scored it 114-114, a draw. I hope that these two fight again, actually.
          It was a quality fight but nonetheless a roberry to me. I had Kotelnik ahead by 3 rounds. The face that it was fast paced, decent/good action doesn't take away from Kotelnik getting shafted though he is now exactly where he was.

I would love to see the rematch to this.

Comment

Well to me people complaining about every close decision is really not respecting the game.

Judging fights is not that simple and how a fight appears to one person is not how another person may view it, but that is part of the sport.

To me it is really nitpicky to argue over 1 round, like people would say 7 rounds to 5 is a good score but 8 to 4 is comepletely fucked like one round is that big of a difference.

To me unless a guy win 9 or 10 rounds clear as day you then loses (or gets a draw) can't call it a robbery and that almost never happeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              It was a robbery. It was only entertaining because Alexander got completely outclassed in his hometown after all the hype
              You mean he pulled a Carl Froch?

Comment

When I watched that fight I didn't see it being close. I thought Alexander got dominated. Hitting air and gloves are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  You mean he pulled a Carl Froch?
                  Kotelnik wasnt constantly holding or falling down to Alexanders crotch. Horrible comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Kotelnik wasnt constantly holding or falling down to Alexanders crotch. Horrible comparison.
                    Clean effective punching~ both fights had one guy do a lot of that while teh other guy didn't hit a whole lot.

It is horrible that you can't call it fairly~

Comment

Working...
                    X