Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site is full of ******s thinking that a few pounds is going to affect the outcome of this fight. If anything this helps Pac he's looked his best at this weight.

Comment

• Maybe this is a trade-off for more speed.. Or maybe they were telling the truth and Pac's training camp really was bad. Ariza did look pissed in 24/7.

Comment

• Originally posted by chinoy View Post
        Jesus H. Christ......

i cant believe some posters are surprised that boxers can weigh below super welterweight for a super welterweight fight.....

these people does not deserve to be boxingscene forum members....what a disgrace
        I was asking this from a lot of people before, but no one answer. Now I know the answer.

There is no minimum weight

Thanks Pacman

Comment

• There should b a big fat asterick like the size of his head next to his name saying he won the jr middle title without ever fighting in that division

Comment

• mannys is giving up size, but you see, this works both ways---manny should weigh at least near 150 because he is giving himself more speed which he may not have had, had he weighed near 150----now, people may argue that manny weighing 144.5 makes his punches less strong, maybe having less of an impact on tony, seeing how he's biggger---but the speed will be greater imo coz manny has less weight on him--this fight is about speed---manny is faster than margs anyway---but now he may be faster giving him more of an advantage---

had he weighed near 150 like he was supposed to, he may not have that extra speed--who knows for sure, but i'm sure iti's being discussed---i mean it's no different from you people bashing floyd for not weighing 144 lbs. manny isn't weighing 150 pounds like he's making tony do---so why take weight off of tony when you're not putting on an extra 5.5 pounds yourself-----manny is wrong in this situation---

it's he's taking weight off tony--yet fighting at a weight he's more accustomed to----manny fought at 147 last fight with clottey---why not weigh 150 for this one?

one of you guys used roy jones as an example against ruiz, but, roy jones used a substance he was not supposed 2 to use---whether he knew or not, it enhanced his pysicality in a way that was not legal----so, manny's situation isn't good----

it's like oscar making floyd moving up to 154 pounds---floyd came in at 150 right---and he looked slower than he did at 147--while oscar was comfortable at 154--and fought good----at least floyd did it---

who knows how this fight will turn out---i don't know---floyd didn't make oscar come down to 150 for his title though---
            Last edited by pbftxrs316; 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              There should b a big fat asterick like the size of his head next to his name saying he won the jr middle title without ever fighting in that division
              Yes, put one next to Henry Armstrong's for fighting welterweights as a lightweight.

Stop posting man. You're an embarrassment to boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squall143
                Manny will be comfortable at this weight,lets say the speed will still be there.The problem is he's fighting in a higher weight division, he's power will not be much effective as he used to in the lower weights. This fight might end up like the Clottey bout where speed made the difference, but unlike Clottey Margarito throws barrage of combos. And we saw in the Clottey bout that Pacquiao's face was swollen though Clottey only threw few punches. Now PAcquiao is fighting a bigger opponent with busy hands, Pacman will go with his in & out style while avoiding being trapped in the ropes.

This fight will definitely go the distance, pacquiao weighs 144lbs now then by fight night lets say 150lbs, while margarito will weigh 160 to 165lbs on fight night. Pacquiao will win by unanimous decision because Margarito's way too big to be knockout. Pacman must go back to Junior Welterweight after this fight, he's too small for Junior Middle weight.
                If you saw the fight closely, Pacquiao lowered his guard multiple times and took several shots to get Clottey out of his shell. Yet he still managed to average over 100 punches a round. Clottey also is known to weigh up to 175 after weigh-ins. I don't see the whole "let's compare these two fights" argument.

The point is, Pacquiao felt this was his most optimal weight where he could maximize speed and power. This is absolutely nothing for everyone to complain about.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinfan#1 View Post
                  144.6 is freaking ridiculous , he's not even past welter, and he wants to be recognised as a jr. middleweight champ, **** that.

For all of you who thought Tony was classless in that video about roach, well I got news for you Pacquiao is just as classless in not giving a damn about weight classes.

There is a maximum not a minimum.... and Manny is only 5.5 pounds off, your butt buddy Floyd weighed 148 when he fought Oscar at 154 so STFU you dumbass.

And who cares how much Manny weighs, Cotto was outboxing Margarito and Manny is twice as fast as Cotto anyone who see's a HEAVIER, SLOWER and PLASTERLESS Marg's has a chance is insane... but I'm putting $50 on Marg just in case lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    WTF does that have to do with anything. i dont like catchweights period. i doesnt matter if its leonard, pac or whoever. just cause leonard did it i'm suppose to change my mind ??
                    Yeh! we heard you. No wonder you bashing Floyd as well when he fought Hatton and JMM at catchweight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      only on nsb is a guy getting criticized for fighting a much bigger man while being too small.

and they still have him as the favorite.
                      very true.

that post made me laugh. that's simple owning right there but haters will still go on.

Comment

Working...
                      X