Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see it a lot like the De La Hoya fight. Once any body part touches the ropes, he'll sidestep away. Margarito's too slow to catch Pacquiao and even though he would chase Pacquiao all night, it's not as if Pacquiao's endurance and stamina will tire him late in the fight even with Margarito's advancements.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBrains View Post
      Yep, just like how Sugar Ray Leonard drained Donny Lalonde for the light heavyweight championship by making him fight at 168 lbs @ supermiddleweight
      WTF does that have to do with anything. i dont like catchweights period. i doesnt matter if its leonard, pac or whoever. just cause leonard did it i'm suppose to change my mind ??

Comment

• H.E.R., I'm drunk right now, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but you must be as well, because you're argument is backwards. Boxing weights DO create ceilings, as proven by the examples in your argument. A 150 lb. fighter can fight a Klitschko if he so chooses, but cannot surpass the MAX weight. It's a bit strange and rules should enforce a MINIMUM in my opinion if you're fighting for a title, but the present rules do not enforce this. Manny is coming in at 144.6, but technically is within the rules because he is not exceeding the ceiling of 150lbs.

Comment

• There's a big difference in weight and that's really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by j-rod View Post
            H.E.R., I'm drunk right now, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but you must be as well, because you're argument is backwards. Boxing weights DO create ceilings, as proven by the examples in your argument. A 150 lb. fighter can fight a Klitschko if he so chooses, but cannot surpass the MAX weight. It's a bit strange and rules should enforce a MINIMUM in my opinion if you're fighting for a title, but the present rules do not enforce this. Manny is coming in at 144.6, but technically is within the rules because he is not exceeding the ceiling of 150lbs.
            There's no rule that says any fighter under the cruiserweight 200 lb limit can't fight for a heavyweight title. In fact, any fighter can fight for a heavyweight title.

The "ceiling" of 150 lbs is a catchweight, a contracted weight, and not the normal 154 limit for super welterweights/junior middleweights. However, 150 is not a welterweight because of the floor limit of 147. The next class is super middleweight/junior middleweight. Therefore, both Pacquiao (144.6) and Margarito (150) are both super middleweights/junior middleweights, but only Pacquiao can also be classified as a welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan89 View Post
              There's a big difference in weight and that's really bad.
              There's a difference in speed and boxing IQ too, but let's all forget about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                only on nsb is a guy getting criticized for fighting a much bigger man while being too small.

and they still have him as the favorite.
                Lol just a bunch of haters.

Comment

• Anyone saying that 144 doesn't affect any possibilities is only fooling himself... of course it would affect his chances of winning.

Comment

• dont think so.
                    tijuana tornado is on its way

Comment

• Are people actually upset that Pacquiao is coming in UNDER the weight limit? WFH? Wouldn't that just make it more impressive if he wins? It's like being allowed to use gun but choosing to use a knife instead.
                      Besides last I heard there is no such thing as a minimum weight. Both fighters can come in at any weight that doesn't exceed the limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X