Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• margarito by a vicious ko.all the other big guys were always smaller or weigh closer to pacs weight ....i told yall margarito is not making the mistake of trying to stay small!!

Comment

• If I had a bad camp, where I was doing a million things other than train, did not lift weights and did not have proper nutrition. I too would be saying that I am light on purpose because I want to be "fast" I think that after all the rumors of a bad training camp are true. Pacman does not look as cut as before he was Congressman PacMan.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        This fight will be a david vs goliath fight, a lightweight vs middleweight.
        I think you mean WW vs JMW.

Anyway, what's everyone crying about. Pac sees advantage in coming in lower for extra speed. He can come in whatever weight he wants, just not over the limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
          now you being a dick head, quit your **** already I addressed my situation, now you're the one who needs to let it go..
          that wasn't even mainly directed at you, bro. check the forums in general, and you'd find alot of threads started about this issue.

Comment

• WTF! Margarito Shredded to Death??? Looks like an excuse already...

The thing is Margarito's Camp keep telling every that this time Margarito isn't drained. Unlike his fight with Mosley~~~ he lose 39 lb to meet 147...

During their camp, they provide regular update to the media about weight...
            Tony's was 154 lb 1 week before the fight which is PERFECT!!!

The way I see it Margarito is physically PERFECT and is in the best condition..

PacMan coming in at 144 lb is quite alarming... since his fighting at JMW...

If I'm not a boxing fanatic... I would bet all my money to Margarito~~~

Size may win fights, but Skills will win fights!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FIGHT~~~

Comment

• Things aren't looking to good for PAC I think

Comment

• Yeah, Pacquiao just came in at a more optimal weight for him, but somehow it isn't looking good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samadafish View Post
                  Things aren't looking to good for PAC I think
                  pac can hang up the 8 title after this

Comment

• Why are some of you so clueless when it comes to boxing weights? Anything below 154 is super welterweight/junior middleweight. Now because Pacquiao weighs in at 144.6, you can't recognize him as a champion of that weight class if he wins? You all realize that technically, a flyweight is in the super welterweight/junior middleweight class, but a super welterweight/junior middleweight is not in the flyweight class, right? A few examples for you "longtime boxing fans": Ezzard Charles, a boxer in the classic light heavyweight division, fought Joe Louis for his heavyweight title while weighing in as a light heavyweight. Henry Armstrong fought and for a good amount of fights when he held the welterweight title as a lightweight.

Weight classes don’t provide ceilings. They provide floors between weight classes. Manny Pacquiao could fight a heavyweight for a heavyweight’s title, but a heavyweight can’t fight below heavyweight because of the cruiserweight floor limit of 200 lbs. How do a lot of you not get this?

Comment

• My initial thought was WTF...Manny's in too low. But Roach has been saying all along they'd weigh in low to maintain speed. (I just didn't think it would be this low). Point being , they;re going for the speed advantage. It's a gamble though. If Tony rehydrates to 160-165lbs., we have an interesting scenario. He could smother Pacquiao all night and impose his size advantage. We shall see tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X