No announcement yet.

Mathysse landed nothing of consequence AT ALL for 9 rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
    Yeah bro, you need to put the liquor down and stop watching fights with beer goggles. The body language told the tale if the punches and zab judah being battered around the ring didn't portray it accurately enough for you.

One guy looked like he lost the fight and the other guy didn't.

I'll let you figure that one out.
    oh, so that's how they score fights now?

running out of gas doesn't mean you lost the fight. what you need to do is stop posting round by rounds and thinking of snappy comebacks while you casually stare at the tv.

battered around the ring is different than being pushed or fallen into while you duck and slip wild punches (and that only happened in the 10th and 11th and a lesser extent the 12th)

Comment

matthysse should have won that fight. but it either way it was a good fight imo. matthysse is a bonafied contender imo. i really want to see them fight again, in a different arena, no home town decision bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        i had zab by 2 points, if you remember the rounds, tell me, cuz i already watched it twice.

ineffective aggression is not a scoring criteria.

zab developed absolutely no offense all fight though, which is always a problem. the fight had a feeling of a sparring session for zab where he was practicing his d to me.

he was blocking ridiculous amounts of shots
        I think it may have been either 2 and 3 but who is to say some of those caught shots didn't get through and Matthysse did get through with some body shots if not alot and even if they didn't appear effective at the moment while Zab wasn't really making much of a concentrated offensive effort until the mid rounds.

Comment

how you figure dumba$$? I said he landed nothing of consequence for 9 rounds, (10 would be after 9 in a boxing match, since you obviously don't know) and I said I had zab winning by 2 points.

one knockdown does not win a fight if you lose 80% of the previous rounds
          Your tone suggests that Lucas wasn't doing anything of consequence throughout the ENTIRE fight. Posters who see your thread and didn't watch the fight will be inclined to think that Judah was so dominant considering his name. You don't take into account the body punches that Lucas was landing and his overall aggression. Judah seemed very reluctant to throw; he kept backing up. The Compubox numbers address this aggression and its effectiveness.

Comment

Any exitement that occured in that fight was because of Matthyse. Even if Judah was blocking some of his shots you could hear the sound affects. That dude can bang. I think the only person who would be a solid favorite over him at 140 is Bradley. I think Judah sucks, but Lucas has qualities that could take him a long way.

Comment

if they had 20 rounds Judah would've been stopped.

Comment

Lulz at the HBO cheerleading for Mathysse. Zab was clipping him at will. Just needed to be a little more aggressive. The fight wasn't that close. Zab was blocking everything with his gloves.
                This is so wrong. The whole fight I was saying that Lederman's scorecard was wrong. And it was wrong!

You say consequence...Zab couldn't fight the last few rounds because he was broken down so bad by the body shots...he barely made it out.

Comment

Working...
                X