No announcement yet.

Did Bute duck Mikkel Kessler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Bute didn't want none, so it's clear nobody would make an offer. Had Bute wanted the fight he wouldn't have refused it. Call it what you want but dont say Bute wanted that fight because he clearly didnt.
    Bat, WTF are you talking about? I never said he did?

You ask the question is this a duck?

I am answering it by saying if there was no money offer or no contract that he turned down. Then no is not a duck.

Is just not, I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Bat, WTF are you talking about? I never said he did?

You ask the question is this a duck?

I am answering it by saying if there was no money offer or no contract that he turned down. Then no is not a duck.

Is just not, I am sorry.
      It's all good.

Basically Bute was asked: Do you want to fight Kessler?
      And Bute basically answered: No. I'd rather fight Balszay (or Inkin if he was the champ at that time).

So you are perfectly entitled to think this isn't a duck or whatever. I disagree.

Comment

I'm a troll and have no business discussing boxing...
        Last edited by BostonGuy; 10-28-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Yes I did see the video, however that is not a duck. If a contract or a fight was never officially offered to him then he never turned down Kessler. So you can't call it a duck.

You don't negotiate or set up fights through the media. Is by contract Bat. For Ex: In the media Pryor called out Leonard and even interrupted him in a post fight press conference and even the whole Legendary nights would have you believe Leonard ducked Pryor.

However, Leonard did offer Pryor a contract, it was a career high payday by a good amount. 500k and it was Pryor who turned it down. Now that is a duck.

The only time you can call a duck is when a fight is offered, when you turn down some type of money. If there was no contract or money offered. Then no Bat is not a duck. Is just a journalist asking a question and Bute answering it.

Now if you want to say the answer sucked or it showed fear then OK. But, it is not a duck.
          The point is that you don't negotiate through the media you do it by contract.

Him saying whatever doesn't mean anything really.

If there was no contract offered it is not a duck.

Is simple.
          green k for this

Bat illogical claims, blinded by hate for Bute and love for Kessler, are crumbling under the pressure of logic and common sense

let it go Bat

Comment

I am very much aware of the Leonard-Pryor incident thank you and this has nothing to do with it.

Bute was asked a simple question and flat out refused instead of just saying make an offer and let's get it on. Bute left little room for negotiations IMO.
            negociations with a journalist ? so journalist are managers now ? you're getting more and more ridiculous Bat.

Comment

Bat has fled from his own thread...

I guess that means logic wins, Bute hasn't ducked Kessler

Comment

I like Bute but that was hesitant at best. Kessler wins

Comment

Didn't know Jack Osbourne worked on Bute's team.

Comment

It was clear from the interview that Interbox sought other oppotunities (Andrade) for Bute. That however does not explain why Bute didn't just say that he would take on Kessler any time his promotor said so. Instead he wailed away about other champions he'd rather fight. Maybe Bute was scared?

I, as much as anybody, would very much like to see Bute against top-tier competition, but I'm definetely not convinced that Bute and his team wants that. So far Bute has ducked Kessler, Froch and Pascal. Are there any reason for us to believe he wont continue to feast on the Brinkleys of the world?
                    1) Froch turned down a fight in 2007 for the IBF Eliminator vs Bute. Bute ended up fighting Bika instead while Froch decided to take on Tatevosyan, who Bute just beat (*Pirog beat him 1 fight before that in 2006, in his 4th pro fight, interestingly)

2) Froch and Bute did discuss a unification around June, possibly taking place later that fall. The Super six was announced not even a month later in July, which obviously would eliminated that possibility.

(Note : Hershman from Showtime has stated more than once that Bute was not invited. Thought that should be mentioned as i'm sure your next BS claim will be that Bute turned down the Super 6)

3) Your Pascal and Kessler claims are reaching, to say the least. Pascal isn't even in his division and a build up for that fight in Montreal certianly wouldn't hurt the interest and profitability if it does happen at some point, which is certianly still possible.

Yes I did see the video, however that is not a duck. If a contract or a fight was never officially offered to him then he never turned down Kessler. So you can't call it a duck.

You don't negotiate or set up fights through the media. Is by contract Bat. For Ex: In the media Pryor called out Leonard and even interrupted him in a post fight press conference and even the whole Legendary nights would have you believe Leonard ducked Pryor.

However, Leonard did offer Pryor a contract, it was a career high payday by a good amount. 500k and it was Pryor who turned it down. Now that is a duck.

The only time you can call a duck is when a fight is offered, when you turn down some type of money. If there was no contract or money offered. Then no Bat is not a duck. Is just a journalist asking a question and Bute answering it.

Now if you want to say the answer sucked or it showed fear then OK. But, it is not a duck.
                    Thank you for some common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      3) Your Pascal and Kessler claims are reaching, to say the least. Pascal isn't even in his division and a build up for that fight in Montreal certianly wouldn't hurt the interest and profitability if it does happen at some point, which is certianly still possible.

Thank you for some common sense.
                      Really? Bute turned down the Pascal megafight citing weight as the issue. The week after his team publicly announced that they where looking to fight Danny Green who is a CRUISERWEIGHT.

So is him ducking Pascal is a reach?

As for Kessler, Bute was asked if he wanted to unify against him and Bute said he'd rather fight someone else than Kessler.

A clear duck (by NSB standards) and definetely a pussy statement that in the light of the Pascal events reveals a pattern: Bute want's to milk his title against secondtier opposition in Montreal for as long as possible.
                      Last edited by BattlingNelson; 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X