Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your HONEST opinion, do you think there is ANY way Arum lets Margarito win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTown_Texan View Post
    Arum did everything he could for Margarito to come back and have the slate wiped as clean as possible...... Margarito not winning is his way of paying back Arum....

Arum knows that there are literally TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to be lost if Margs beats Pacquiao...... Nothing gets between Arum and his money.....
    You reading my mind dude! No way in hell does he risk Pac losing. Pac losing means PBF vs PAC is no longer on the market for the casual fans. Casual fans still think Pac is undefeated! No way they would buy that fight if Pac lost and Arum knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by HTown_Texan View Post
      In all honesty, do you think Arum would throw his chance at the biggest fight of ALL TIME out of the window?

Like the other guy said, Margs knows his role.....

Just look at Clottey, he hit Pac with every right he threw, but for some "odd" reason he barely threw any punches... I wonder, why?
      First of all i dont think Arum thinks that Pac Mayweather is going to happen at all. As far as Margs knowing his role i dont buy that either Margs knows if he wins this fight more big money fights are possible and a loss will just make the maority of people think he is either shot or needed an illegal advantage to be dominant. Clottey just couldnt get used to Pacs speed and has also always had the problem with his workrate so its not like he throws 1000+ punches a fight and on this night threw 300.

Comment

Margo better ****ing win........

Comment

you fail to realize arum makes tens of millions of dollars no matter who wins. If margarito pulls the upset, you don't think margarito vs pacquiao II would be freakin huge? Or margarito vs mayweather? Or margarito vs cotto II?

come on man, it was the same for Margarito vs Cotto (didn't matter to arum who won) or cotto vs foreman, etc., it's all in house which means bank for arum any which possible way, that's the beauty of it in arum's eyes.

further, that same kind of logic would apply to all other top fighters including floyd mayeather, oscar, etc. You could apply the same logic and say, "you think golden boy would risk floyd losing to mosley blowing an oppurtinity to fight pac??" and we all saw how mosley nearly dropped floyd, then floyd adjusted and put on a hell of a performance. That wasn't oscar in the ring (who was cheering in the crowd like a madman when mosley nailed him).
          Last edited by ИATAS; 10-13-2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Nothing can save packy...he;s going to sleep.

Comment

I dont think Pac needs bob help. he is going to whip margs azz.

Comment

I honestly don't think Arum is gonna let him win,but Margarito should take that win anyway!!I hope he does,so people like Puga can go retire from here!!

Comment

Pacquiao shuts down more Mexicans than the Border Police

Margarito's face will be bloodied up like Cotto after 7 rounds

Comment

Some of you are naive, there are many things wrong with boxing and I wouldn't be surpriced if there are many fixed fights. I'm not saying that any Pacquiao fight might have been fixed but **** like that happens. I don't think the fight is fixed, Bob wins regardless of outcome. In fact I can say that it might benefit him somewhat more if Margo pulls the upset. Even though Pacquiao isn't past his prime, based on his congress duties I don't see him in many future fights. Where as Margarito can still produse some lucrative fights if he wins. The first one would be the much anticipated fight against Cotto and if the fight between Pacquiao and Tony is good and competitive the rematch is also lucrative for Bob. Those two fights would produce so much money he doesn't need to protect either fighter. Pacquiao's only big fight is the mayweather fight. Anything else isn't very attractive.

Comment

Can we at least wait until AFTER the fight to make excuses for why Margarito lost?

Not only is there a rehydration clause (according to a reliable source, Pacquiao said to Margs "muthaf&cka you can't come in over 152 muthaf&ckin pounds on the night o' the f&ckin fight muthaf&cka!"), but Arum is also pulling the strings to make sure Margs takes a dive.

Apparantly no one told Antonio he shouldn't bother getting in the best shape of his life, fight's already been decided

Comment

Working...
                      X