Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Klitschkos receive so much hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    Does he have a good chin? I can't imagine that you think he does, because only his most dedicated fans think that he has a good chin.

So, perhaps he fights in the way that he can impose his strength as much as possible while protecting his Achilles heal, which is his chin.

But no, that would make too much sense. He should run in face first and get knocked out for a fourth time, right?
    you actually said a smart thing dWiens, am i dreaming

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
      you actually said a smart thing dWiens, am i dreaming
      No, apparently you taught yourself to read moron... that's why it was so laughable that your response in your thread was, "Go hate on the Klitschkos some more", because... really, I don't hate on the Klitschkos... I stand up for them at every turn, because I believe they are excellent fighters, and the usual criticism that comes their way is intolerably ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
        Please check the KO ratios in my signature.

Why doesn't Lennox ever take abuse? He went the distance with 28% of his opponents compared to Wlad's 16%.

And Lennox's opponents had virtually all been stopped before, many of Wlad's were never stopped before or after.

Better to get the KO in round 10 than not at all.
        See now your ducking me. ******s keep trying to compare this era to when tyson was dominant but Tyson is mentioned as an ATG because he got rid of these fools brutally and early. Why can't Wlad do that when he's a hell of a lot bigger then tyson and all his opponents too? He has the potential to get rid of these fools quickly but he doesn't and thats what irritates the **** out of me when he lets not quality heavyweights last almost until the very end.

And **** Lennox Lewis I'm not a fan. He was pretty boring himself. If it wasn't for Vital getting cut Vital would have knocked him the **** out.

Comment

The sad part is that he only barely pissed me off more than Max Kellerman last night. Kellerman was atrociously bad last night.
          Kellerman had an off night for sure. Atlas had a flagrant agenda going while under the guise of being an unbiased commentator.

Comment

Does he have a good chin? I can't imagine that you think he does, because only his most dedicated fans think that he has a good chin.

So, perhaps he fights in the way that he can impose his strength as much as possible while protecting his Achilles heal, which is his chin.

But no, that would make too much sense. He should run in face first and get knocked out for a fourth time, right?
            His chin is good. Corrie Sanders is one of the hardest punchers in HW history and he caught Wladdy clean.

His chin problems were more psychological than they were physical anyway. Once he got past the Brewster hurdle, his chin has been rock solid.

He just fights scared and thinks too much in the ring instead of acting on instinct like Vitali does.

Vitali>>Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
              I've been trying to understand why some people obsessively hate the Klitschkos.

Most boxing fans do NOT hate them, and instead appreciate how rare it is for men their size to be so athletic. Few heavyweights have lasted at the top level for so many years, let alone dominate.

People like Teddy Atlas bash them for their fighting styles. How much of that is his mental frustration about not experiencing the pleasure of seeing the men he hates so much get hit and hurt? I think their defensive capabilities bother him and others who want to see them get knocked out.

Anyway here's a poll. I've made this thread to help the Klitschko fans understand the haters a bit better. Maybe the most obsessive Klitschko haters just need a little psychiatric help.
              If boring was an option, it would be the leader in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
                His chin is good. Corrie Sanders is one of the hardest punchers in HW history and he caught Wladdy clean.

His chin problems were more psychological than they were physical anyway. Once he got past the Brewster hurdle, his chin has been rock solid.

He just fights scared and thinks too much in the ring instead of acting on instinct like Vitali does.

Vitali>>Wlad.
                I guess the knockdowns against Williamson and Peter the first time were just for good sport or something then, right?

Comment

I guess the knockdowns against Williamson and Peter the first time were just for good sport or something then, right?
                  He was still weak mentally back then.

He turned the corner after the Peter fight. His chin is practically cast iron now.

Anyone who fights him counting on his chin being bad is gonna fail badly.

Comment

People tend to hate fighters that fight a style they don't like.

For instance, people who like slick boxers only, try label every aggressive, balls to the wall fighter as trash/one dimensional. Same with fans who like action packed fighters. When they see slick boxers....they label them as runners.

With the Klitschko's, I notice most people simple don't like their styles of fighting. Since they don't like the way they fight, they say any and everything to descredit them.

I hate to say "real boxing fans" because that sounds kinda condescending.....but fvkk it....."real boxing fans" should appreciate all styles of fighting and not trash a guy because he doesn't fight the way you would prefer.

I look at end results vs. being biased to a certain style when judging fighters, and at the end of the day the Klitschko's not only win, but completely dominate their opposition. In reality that's all that matters as far as judging them as fighters.
                    Last edited by Khalid X; 09-12-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
                      He was still weak mentally back then.

He turned the corner after the Peter fight. His chin is practically cast iron now.

Anyone who fights him counting on his chin being bad is gonna fail badly.
                      So let me ask you... what evidence do you have that his chin is iron now?

I've seen every fight since Ray Austin, and have not seen him get hit cleanly once, so... is his chin just iron by default, or do you have a specific circumstance when he got caught flush, and took it fine? And please, from someone who is known for being able to punch... I don't want an example like, Ibragimov caught him real good with a jab in round 3 or something trivial like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X