Collapse
No announcement yet.

James "Tap out" Toney and the UFC made a mockery out of boxing tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kermit Cintron needs to get his ass in the UFC instead of just talking about it since he's got a wrestling background. I'd root for him to do good too even though I can't stand him as a boxer. At least he wouldn't be able to fly out of the octagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
      Hmmm. UFC takes a washed up boxer who doesn't take their sport seriously. They put him in a ring with an old guy who lays on him for 3 minutes. They make this a co-main event of a PPV and it's a mockery of boxing?
      LMAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
        No he's not. His boxing knowledge is limited to the generic. He name-drop a couple of times, but really he's not what u would call a HUGE boxing fan. Not saying he's not a fan, but I'd bet he's no more a fan of boxing than I am of MMA. .

That's the same impression I get from him, he'll say things like "I love boxing, man I love the sweet science I use be a big Sweet Pea fan....." very generic statements and then he'll bash the crap out of boxing by saying "Nobody watches that sport anymore.......it's dead" I don't see how a true boxing fan can defend a man that says such things

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
          It's pretty funny they hyped him as "THE" heavyweight right now

They even said he is one of the greatest heavyweights EVER...come on he is an ATG but at heavyweight!? GTFO
          yeah i was like

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            And did anybody hear some of Joe Rogans comments?

man, I can't stand that dude, you can tell he hates boxing with a passion
            wat did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              Kermit Cintron needs to get his ass in the UFC instead of just talking about it since he's got a wrestling background. I'd root for him to do good too even though I can't stand him as a boxer. At least he wouldn't be able to fly out of the octagon.
              dana won't let that happen, he isn't that dumb.

Comment

All that was proven tonight is.....

*drumm roll*

nothing

But whats funny is how this Hall of Fame MMA fighter got a guy who is shot to pieces, out of shape, and trained for 5 months in HIS ARENA and just choked him out. He didnt do any REAL DAMAGE. That was pathetic. Put Couture & Toney in a boxing ring and Couture will get DESTROYED easily. MMA is

Comment

LOL at this article from ********boxing

http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=24910&more=1

Toney easily defeated by Couture

By Rob Smith:

In James Toney's first fight in the UFC, he was dominated and easily taken out by Randy Couture tonight in the 1st round. Toney was taken down and then wrapped up quickly in a choke that he had no clue how to get out of. Toney then tapped out rather than being choked out. The referee stopped the one-sided match at 3:19. Toney didn't have the wrestling skills to compete. Had this been a stand up fight, he would easily won but MMA is mostly wrestling and submission holds and it takes too long to learn how to beat the better fighters like Couture. Toney never really had a chance because the 47-year-old Couture didn't even try to do any stand up fighting. Instead, Couture took Toney down immediately and then chocked him. Couture is a former Olympic wrestler. Toney never had a chance in this fight if you want to call it that. It's wrestling. This is what Toney gets for trying wrestle with an expert like Couture. It would be interesting to see if Couture would agree to a straight up three round boxing match. My guess he won't even consider it. Toney would slaughter the old guy, as well as other MMA fighter in the sport.

Comment

the fix was in. No way Toney could lose so easily, not like this.

Comment

Toney wasn't even properly training MMA.

His head trainer was a ****ing kenpo karate guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X